PDA

View Full Version : Another missing PID

gmh308
August 6th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I noticed another missing PID yesterday (or half a PID).

STFT1 & STFT2 are selected in BBL and shows in the V2 display.

Only STFT1 makes it into the log and also the export sheet.

Any chance this might be fixed in the next cut along with a few other missing items?

Thanks & have a good weekend!

Cheers, Ian

swingtan
August 6th, 2009, 11:03 AM
What controller are you logging?

I just had a look at a log I did this morning and both STFT1 and STFT2 are there. They are listed in the PID selection, can be selected in the chart tool and display once selected. I can also select them for exporting.

However, as I was in OL the whole time, the trim data is coming up as "0". So if the problem is that the data is always "0", then it would appear to be a conversion issue with the raw data.

Simon.

gmh308
August 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
What controller are you logging?

I just had a look at a log I did this morning and both STFT1 and STFT2 are there. They are listed in the PID selection, can be selected in the chart tool and display once selected. I can also select them for exporting.

However, as I was in OL the whole time, the trim data is coming up as "0". So if the problem is that the data is always "0", then it would appear to be a conversion issue with the raw data.

Simon.

E38 :).

I will have to cry "Operator Failure" on this one, at least as far as the Scan log goes, and apologise to all!

Though on re-try for export, only one STFT column is output, with both STFT selected.

:shock:

gmh308
August 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
E38 :).

I will have to cry "Operator Failure" on this one, at least as far as the Scan log goes, and apologise to all!

Though on re-try for export, only one STFT column is output, with both STFT selected.

:shock:

Is there a limit to the number of export columns Paul ?

Have a good weekend! :)

Blacky
August 6th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Is there a limit to the number of export columns Paul ?

Have a good weekend! :)

No.

gmh308
August 6th, 2009, 06:34 PM
No.

Ok, so I should be getting valid SHRTFT1/2 data in the export file, vs a single column with N/A as the content?

The SHRTFT1/2 PID's are the "sub PID's" of selecting O2S11/2 in BBL via Scan and Tune.

Display OK in scan app, but dont export.

Have a good weekend.

swingtan
August 6th, 2009, 10:28 PM
I had a chat with Ian about this today and he sent me a section of his log. I found the same issue when attempting to export data. The PID's in question are as follows....

O2S11 [2] Oxygen Sensor - Bank 1, Sensor 1
O2S11V Oxygen Sensor Votlage - Bank 1, Sensor 1 (V)
SHRTFT11 Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1, Sensor 1 (%)

O2S12 [2] Oxygen Sensor - Bank 1, Sensor 2
O2S12V Oxygen Sensor Votlage - Bank 1, Sensor 2 (V)
SHRTFT12 Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1, Sensor 2 (%)

The file loads fine in Scan tool and the data for these PIDs displays fine. Exporting is another matter...

When opening the Export window to select PID's, there is no designation for the 2 separate PID's. What you get is this...

SAE.O2V (V)
SAE.O2V (V)
SAE.SHRTFT (%)
SAE.SHRTFT (%)

Note that there is no way to tell which one is for sensor 1 and which is for sensor 2. I think that while there are 2 separates PIDs listed, they both reference the same frame data. That could explain why the export tool only exports one set of data. If you select each PID separately, you get the same values listed in the Export window for the respective PIDs.

Simon.

Note: The spelling of voltage above is as it is in the BBL PID description file.....

Blacky
August 7th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Ok, I get what you mean now...
Its on the list of things to fix.
Regards
Paul

gmh308
August 7th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Ok, I get what you mean now...
Its on the list of things to fix.
Regards
Paul

Thanks Pauly!

Thanks also to you Simon for taking the time to look at the data and present it in a way that makes 100x more sense :). (vs my failed attempt at same :shock:).

swingtan
September 24th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Rather than start a brand new thread, I thought I'd add to this. I went to log "INJPDELTA_M" today and got a $0001 error from the V2. Looks like this was missed in the PMM file for the E38.

Error text:

ERROR: $0001
No description available.

Unsupported PID
Node: ECM
PID: INJPDELTA_M
is not supported, please de-select it.

Any chance this could make the next update ?

Simon.

Blacky
September 24th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Its not defined for only these four OSs:
12602922 12605732 12614682 12607218
Is yours one of those?

Paul

swingtan
September 24th, 2009, 09:52 AM

:(

Any chance of getting it? If not I'll just start guessing.... :p

GMPX
September 29th, 2009, 12:00 PM
It was a parameter that was not used in those early OS's, sorry. Just compare the injector flow tables between 2006 & 2007 and you can see what is going on.