PDA

View Full Version : Cant read balance rates on an 01

Dmax15
August 6th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Trying to read the balance rates on an LB7 and it will display 0.0 for all 8 cyl even when its monitoring other PID's. I've tried different PID's at the same time hoping it would work as well as other things but no luck. Also, it works just fine on my 02 while selecting the same PID's so I'm not sure what the deal is, I can read his fuel rail pressure, rpm's and all but nothing for the balance rates.

Dmax15
August 7th, 2009, 12:55 PM
So I think I've figured out how to read the balance rates on an 01 by opening the duramax imperial PID's then selecting the individual cylinders manually. Problem now is that it reads between -417.XX and -405.XX on all cyl and they are also equal at all times, and also its doing the same when I try to read them on my 02, I'm getting the same exact numbers for the balance rates so I'm thinking its something to do with the software. It was reading mine fine as of a couple days ago but since I've started trying to read my buddies its no longer giving the correct readings for balance rates on either vehicle.

Sparky8370
August 8th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Here's the PID selection I use. You can just download it and send it to
my documents>efi live> v 7.5> pids or just move it from your desktop to that folder. I have an 01 and it works fine for me. Or at least it did last time I used it.

THEFERMANATOR
August 8th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I get the same thing with my 01 LB7. What I have found to do is once you have opened it and it goes to the high readings, disconnect the V2 from the USB of the laptop. Next shutdown the scan tool on the laptop then reconnect the V2 and re-open the scan tool. Most of the time mine will begin reading out the correct info. It is annoying though, and you are not alone.

Dmax15
August 8th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Ok thanks guys, that should help.

Mitco39
August 12th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Make sure you clicking the record (red button) and not the yellow one... the yellow one seems to have funny readings sometimes..

Racehemi
August 13th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I have intermittent problems checking balance rates on the 01's while using both black logging and pass thru. Very aggravating although it seems to work after multiple retries.

THEFERMANATOR
August 14th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Since flashing mine to a DSP2 with the 01 OS it seems to read just fine now.