PDA

View Full Version : Open Loop Tuning Questions

RevGTO
August 10th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I've been running OLMAF for several months now with my LM1 in the car and adjusting the OL AFR and MAF tables. I've gotten it within an acceptable range, but I do notice that the AFR varies due to weather conditions. I pulled this quote from a thread on LS1tech:

Open loop tuning is NOT easy, it is more difficult because you don't have that automatic correction (LTFT's) so after dialing in the VE and/or MAF there's OL vs ECT to get right so A/F stays somewhat consistent, and of course there's IAT filters, charge temp bias, etc. to get straight so your A/F doesn't end up creeping from IAT heatsoak. No, open loop tuning is not easy.
Can anyone comment on the parameters for tuning the various tables he mentions in order to get AFR more consistent?

WeathermanShawn
August 10th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Are you 100% sure you want to run open loop exclusively?

A properly tuned system with workable narrowband O2 sensors will correct your mixture to ~14.7 AFR (in most cases). Some of the custom OS's (if available for your auto) may also get you there. If you need open-loop exclusively, I am sure someone can walk you through the various tables.

What are your specific tuning goals or challenges?

mr.prick
August 11th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Depending on your OS,
{B4901} {B4902} {B0109} {B3632} {B3633} ect.
LTFTs tend to be high after OL tuning.

RevGTO
August 11th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Well, I was getting constant 02 sensor codes with my LT's and tried a couple of solutions to that and didn't get anywhere. I decided to go full-time OL and get rid of the 02's.

So like I said, my wideband reading indicate my AFR is pretty close to indicated on B3605 (which I've adjusted). But I notice that car gets leaner, for instance, when sitting and idling on a hot day with the A/C than it would on a cooler day with A/C off.

So I'm wondering how the tables mentioned in the quote above can be tuned to minimize this effect. Overall, the OL tune is working well and the car runs good.

RevGTO
August 11th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Depending on your OS,
{B4901} {B4902} {B0109} {B3632} {B3633} ect.
LTFTs tend to be high after OL tuning.Yes but what to do with these tables? LTFT's have been disabled.