PDA

View Full Version : AutoVe & VVE ???'s

GAMEOVER
August 12th, 2009, 04:06 AM
When doing the AutoVe or working with the VVE and using an automatic vehicle, Is it better to manually shift the transmission from 1-2-3-4 and getting the RPM's up to were someone feels comfortable,(smooth throttle) while keeping an eye on the WBO2 making sure it doesn't go lean and most important, trying to hit every cell in BEN map....Or just go for a long, long drive trying to hit every cell in the Ben Map?
I've tried both ways and it's easier and faster to manually shift the tranny because you can hit just about every cell you want...But the data is different everywhere, in my case, between the two types of shifting! :confused: Cruise, Part Throttle, & some Higher Reving
For AutoVE & AutoVVE should I shift manually or not? :help2:

GAMEOVER
August 12th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Shift manually yes or no?

gmh308
August 13th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Shift manually yes or no?

Certainly my preference!

GAMEOVER
August 13th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Certainly my preference!

Even though I never shift manually while im driving or screwing around...:) Ive got my tranny tune set up exactly where I want to shift at WOT in "Drive". My shifter is kinda awkward, located on steering column, so manually shifting is not ideal...So for doing the AutoVE/VVE manual shifting should be done?

gmh308
August 13th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Even though I never shift manually while im driving or screwing around...:) Ive got my tranny tune set up exactly where I want to shift at WOT in "Drive". My shifter is kinda awkward, located on steering column, so manually shifting is not ideal...So for doing the AutoVE/VVE manual shifting should be done?

Depends how many cells you want to hit between idle and full throttle at various rpms/loads.

If you just want to hit WOT relevant cells, auto shifting works fine. :)

CV8IIM6
August 13th, 2009, 09:33 AM
I'm also curious to hear opinions on this.

When i tuned my VVE (my first auto vehicle) i locked the trans in 3rd gear to tune the entire RPM range in order to avoid the erratic AFR's which occur during shifts.:unsure: