PDA

View Full Version : DSP5 wont take flash? Fuel vs Speed does not work?

Mitco39
August 12th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Hey guys, I posted this over on Diesel Place but either noone knows or noone cares to reply... so i figured I would try here.

Hey guys, I have been having issues with a DSP5 tune that I have been trying to run.

Before I put in a DSP in I would modify the Fuel vs Speed table (B0747) and it would work fine. Now since the dsp it seems on any tune either than stock it doesnt read this table. For example when I log the truck and watch it, it will command 70MM3 and when I open the tune program and look up the table the cell that it should be reading is highlighted and is calling for 52MM3. Why is this?

I've tried full flashes, partial flashes, but still it does not change. I am at a loss and was woundering if anyone would know why its not calling the B0747 table when it is in any of the DSP positions.

Any tips would be helpful...

Thanks guys

GMPX
August 12th, 2009, 10:57 AM
If a table is not in the DSP section then the ECM still uses the factory table.
There should be no reason the ECM is not using that table still in DSP mode.
Is it like this in the factory maps setting of the DSP tunes as well?

Cheers,
Ross

Mitco39
August 12th, 2009, 01:59 PM
What I tried to do was I took the factory maps and put in a tune, keeping the B0747 table the same, and even on the factory setting it would still pull way over the 10mm3 I had set in that table.

To test it somemore and see if I could get it working today I defueled it to 10mm3 after 60mph, and the ecm was still giving it 60-70 mm3. I tried different dsp settings and it made no differance which of the 4 tunes it was on, it would still command way to much fuel. I spent most of last night going through all the tables of the LB7 ecm and could not find why it was ignoring this table. Which leads me to believe it could be ignoring other tables like the B0921 (Injection Timing Maximum) which if a guy had some sloppy Timing maps this could spell disaster.

I would appreciate it if someone else who has a DSP in the LB7 could try dropping the maximum fuel after 60MPH and see if they notice the same thing.

Like I said I have tried everything I know of and im out of options.

What I ended up doing was taking out the DSP tune and just running a single tune, which after I got it dialed in ran perfect.

Thanks Ross for your reply, I figured it should read the stock tables if the DSP isnt present. Where do I go from here?

SmokinDuradog
August 12th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Hey just a few ideas that may or may not help. I pretty new to the DSP switches and have had alot of issues with EFI Live even communicating with ECMs in general:( BUT Be sure that your pins are pushed all the way in into the plug that goes into the ECM I know that may sound simple but it happens they need to be locked into those little plastic fingers.

Secondly make sure everything you are converting into all of your tables are all the same units of measurement ( imperial/metric)

Lastly ive been told that you want your hottest cal as your base and build the rest of the DSP tables off of it. So yea not sure if any of this will help but these are issues I have had in the past best of luck and keep us posted.

Mitco39
August 13th, 2009, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the tips Smokin...

I logged the DSP voltage so I know that the pins are working as they should...
All the units are the same

Thats the first I heard of putting the hottest tune as the base, I did try that while messing around with the truck but it made no differance.

Im at a loss...

GMPX
August 13th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Mitco39, unfortunately I can't really test this here, if you can find someone else with a DSP5 setup that you can compare with that is the only suggestion I have at the moment.

Cheers,
Ross