PDA

View Full Version : COS5 nitrous table request

johnv
August 12th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I have a request for a change to the COS5 nitrous tables:angel_innocent:

I would like to use them for when i spray meth in boost but instead of pulling timing and adding fuel , i want it to add timing and pull fuel.
So would need to extent the range of the n2o timing tables to -20

and maybe lower the n2o VE multiplier minimum to 0.4

This would give us a great fail safe for using meth and tuning for it, just trigger the operating system with a flow sensor so timing can only be added/fuel removed when meth is actually spraying:)

GMPX
August 13th, 2009, 11:21 AM
From memory (it was like 4 years ago I did these COS's) the timing table can only pull timing, only because of where it's been slotted in to the PCM code.

Cheers,
Ross

johnv
August 13th, 2009, 03:10 PM
From memory (it was like 4 years ago I did these COS's) the timing table can only pull timing, only because of where it's been slotted in to the PCM code.

Cheers,
Ross

Ahh, so not an easy fix ???

I guess I could Do the reverse and run on the nitrous tables all the time and turn them off when the methanol sprays to increase timing and pull a little fuel, just would have made more sense/been simpiler the other way around

5.7ute
August 13th, 2009, 04:21 PM
You could always intercept the IAT signal but that could get a bit messy as well.

johnv
August 13th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Yes, but the problem i have with that is in our cool air at the moment 15-18c ambiant i see IATs very close to that when cruising, they drop from this when meth sprays but will creep back up to that level at the end of a pull through to the top of 4th gear so would be hard to have IAT tables pull timing in that area.

I am able to run 7* more timing WOT with meth then i can without, makes a huge difference at 15psi boost:cheers:

Just after something with more accuracy,a tune that is safe without spraying meth, that will add my extra timing and pull a little fuel as soon as a flow sensor picks up meth flow to the jet/s

accurate
relativly simple
and safe, if meth fails to flow due to pump or elecrical fault or blocked jet/s extra timing will not be added/fuel will not be pulled.

Highlander
August 19th, 2009, 03:04 PM
we always did the tune with meth and if meth failed, so could the engine.

What you CAN do.. is put the meth before the IAT system and tune accordingly. If the meth is off.. IATs will be higher and you have direct control over that on the COS5.