PDA

View Full Version : O2 Sensors

Elliott
August 14th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Hi, I have a stock 2005 6 litre LS2 GTO engine and T56 Gearbox installed in a kit car with an E40 ECU. I have Flashscan v2 and have a stock tune file flashed to the ECU already. The installation requires the 2x Pre CAT O2 Sensors to work (those with the square plug). The 2x Post CAT sensors (flat plug) need to be disabled. Does anyone know what settings on EFI Live I will need to make in order to disable the post cat O2 sensors (flat plug)? Also what MIL light settings may be needed? Would appreciate any help here?

ssvolvo
August 15th, 2009, 07:19 AM
What else IS installed in the system?

Evap? CATS? Post your stock Calibration number and operating system (as there IS a newer calibration for throttle issues.

Or just post your stock file and I'll help. You need to decide if you want to run EVAP tank sensor and cats, etc.

John

MyM8V8
August 17th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Hi, I have a stock 2005 6 litre LS2 GTO engine and T56 Gearbox installed in a kit car with an E40 ECU. I have Flashscan v2 and have a stock tune file flashed to the ECU already. The installation requires the 2x Pre CAT O2 Sensors to work (those with the square plug). The 2x Post CAT sensors (flat plug) need to be disabled. Does anyone know what settings on EFI Live I will need to make in order to disable the post cat O2 sensors (flat plug)? Also what MIL light settings may be needed? Would appreciate any help here?

In the navigator, Look for tables C6001, C6002 you will find all the relevant cells to adjust. They will refer to bank 1 sensor2 and bank 2 sensor 2.

Just go in there and make the changes you need.

Edited to rephrase what I really meant to say. Thanks Joe.

joecar
August 17th, 2009, 09:07 AM
IIRC, No, do not disable the MIL, just set to not-reported.

MyM8V8
August 17th, 2009, 09:32 AM
IIRC, No, do not disable the MIL, just set to not-reported.

Yes, sorry, that's what I did on the MIL. Poor use of English.

MyM8V8
August 18th, 2009, 06:52 AM
What else IS installed in the system?

Evap? CATS? Post your stock Calibration number and operating system (as there IS a newer calibration for throttle issues.

Or just post your stock file and I'll help. You need to decide if you want to run EVAP tank sensor and cats, etc.

John

As I have the same motor, could you tell me what the throttle issues are, and what the newer cal adresses? Thanks

ssvolvo
August 18th, 2009, 07:31 AM
http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/?target=AZCXR0JJXR0SSXR0&target.method=onSubmit&ATDXR0ARXR09YXR0=1&bm=ATDXR0ARXR09YXR0#ATDXR0ARXR09YXR0

Try your vin here:

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

John

MyM8V8
August 18th, 2009, 07:49 AM
http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/?target=AZCXR0JJXR0SSXR0&target.method=onSubmit&ATDXR0ARXR09YXR0=1&bm=ATDXR0ARXR09YXR0#ATDXR0ARXR09YXR0

Try your vin here:

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

John

Hi John,

The first link won't work for me, although the second does. Thanks - Gareth

I get this message:

"E4214: WARNING: You have received this message for one of the following reasons:

1. Session has timed out.
2. Another user is using the same user id/password and has terminated your session.
3. Security violation - user does not have access to this application."

Elliott
August 19th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys I have stared the engine now and all runs ok. :-) Applied changes to Bank 1 and 2 Sensor 2 settings as you suggest. I have disabled Skip Shift and EVAP also by setting "Not reported and NO MIL" Is this right? or should I just set not reported only? I do have one other minor issue. I have 2 cooling fans with 2 relays, both running of the E40 ECU. Only one fan cuts in and out to cool the rad. How can I set the ECU to trigger both fans at the same time? I have gone to the FANs tab but there does not seem to be a detailed set of parameters to change to acheive this? The fans are set to discrete. I can trigger both fans via EFI live by manual command. I dont really want to re-wire both fans through one relay so any advice would be gratefully received. The Calibration number running on the ECU is 12604791

MyM8V8
August 19th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks guys I have stared the engine now and all runs ok. :-) Applied changes to Bank 1 and 2 Sensor 2 settings as you suggest. I have disabled Skip Shift and EVAP also by setting "Not reported and NO MIL" Is this right? or should I just set not reported only? I do have one other minor issue. I have 2 cooling fans with 2 relays, both running of the E40 ECU. Only one fan cuts in and out to cool the rad. How can I set the ECU to trigger both fans at the same time? I have gone to the FANs tab but there does not seem to be a detailed set of parameters to change to acheive this? The fans are set to discrete. I can trigger both fans via EFI live by manual command. I dont really want to re-wire both fans through one relay so any advice would be gratefully received. The Calibration number running on the ECU is 12604791

Well for the cells in C6002, as you will have seen, you only have two choices and that is "MIL" or "NO MIL" Mine are set to NO MIL for sensor 2 on each bank. I have them tied up out of the way.

ssvolvo
August 19th, 2009, 10:37 PM
move everything to come on earlier in {G0901} fans ect.

Start with 25% in first row
51% in second and third row
91% in fourth row and all the way down

The second fan should come on when the percentage hits 91%

The GTO system uses 3 relays. Suppose you could have a wiring issue.

Do you have the diagram?

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7939&highlight=cooling+fans Post #3 has the diagram

Also a very easy way to delete CAGS is to MAX the number in {B3315} that way the CAGS will not come on until the engine has melted!

John

MyM8V8
August 20th, 2009, 12:39 AM
John,

Any help with getting into the first link you posted up on the E40 throttle issues.

It could help me with a couple of things.