PDA

View Full Version : Not happy with efilive

zacksfoam
August 14th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Why won't it work.EFILIVE needs more info for us newbie that don't know
the PC well.A specific problem and maybe a step by step fix??

mr.prick
August 14th, 2009, 05:10 PM
The manuals are in C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Doc
or you can download them here
Documentation / Tutorials (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=130&Itemid=134)

minytrker
August 15th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Why won't it work.EFILIVE needs more info for us newbie that don't know
the PC well.A specific problem and maybe a step by step fix??

With that post that doesnt help anything either. What is your specific proplem?

Bruce Melton
August 15th, 2009, 05:46 AM
There are a couple hundred pages of set up, opertion and tutorials linked above.
No, it is not easy and there is no "quick start guide" in that tuning is rather complex science project with a steep learning cure.

Don't be too impatient and the results will bring great self satisfaction.

We all started where you are today- overwhelmed.

Sparky8370
August 15th, 2009, 02:00 PM

zacksfoam
August 15th, 2009, 04:12 PM

thanx for all your help!

mr.prick
August 15th, 2009, 04:25 PM
You seem to have an issue with your PC.
Have you tried installing the software and drivers on another computer
and connecting Flashscan?

horsehaulin
August 16th, 2009, 01:08 AM
What is the problem you are having? You need to be a little more specific about whats going on. That way others on the site can help you out.

zacksfoam
August 16th, 2009, 09:28 AM
ALL IS WELL! SONY VISTA LAPTOP needed sony updates and turned off UAC.
THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING!!:cheers:

mr.prick
August 16th, 2009, 11:31 AM
UAC is almost always the villain with Vista.

ScarabEpic22
August 16th, 2009, 04:23 PM
UAC is almost always the villain with Vista.

Stupid Vista, so glad I jumped on the W7 beta bandwagon back in Jan. Havent looked back, heck I havent even booted into Vista in probably 2+ months. Should really to make the backup DVDs for my laptop and uninstall old programs to free up space. Having 2 copies of everything sucks space BIG time.

joecar
August 17th, 2009, 03:17 AM
So it's all working now...?

waterbug1999
August 17th, 2009, 12:40 PM
its joecar's fault.

joecar
August 17th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Yes, I take all the blame.

mr.prick
August 17th, 2009, 01:14 PM
No, it's Bill's (Gates) fault.
Joe is a MAC guy. :hihi:

Chevy366
August 17th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah , but joecar hacks unix code .

joecar
August 18th, 2009, 05:18 AM
I use a MacBook as a terminal (it's way better than PuTTY) to my various linux/unix servers that I hack on (kernel/driver hacking)...

my boss calls it "development", but my peers call it "hacking"...:hihi:...software engineering is the most undisciplined engineering discipline...:doh2:...
I use vi, git, make hundreds of times per day... I rebase my driver code with each week's new kernel code (I'm on kernel 2.6.31-rc5), so each week or two I make new vmlinuz/initrd images and edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and boot my servers from my driver (FC attach thru SAN/fabric to boot device in RAID box)...

my favourite git command is: git log --graph --abbrev-commit --pretty=oneline --decorate --topo-order --all

I haven't had time to hack Mac OSX yet... :)

I use Windows :bad: mostly to run EFILive software...

Chevy366
August 18th, 2009, 06:54 AM
I use a MacBook as a terminal (it's way better than PuTTY) to my various linux/unix servers that I hack on (kernel/driver hacking)...

my boss calls it "development", but my peers call it "hacking"...:hihi:...software engineering is the most undisciplined engineering discipline...:doh2:...
I use vi, git, make hundreds of times per day... I rebase my driver code with each week's new kernel code (I'm on kernel 2.6.31-rc5), so each week or two I make new vmlinuz/initrd images and edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and boot my servers from my driver (FC attach thru SAN/fabric to boot device in RAID box)...

my favourite git command is: git log --graph --abbrev-commit --pretty=oneline --decorate --topo-order --all

I haven't had time to hack Mac OSX yet... :)

I use Windows :bad: mostly to run EFILive software...
joecar , man I am sorry , did not realize until you posted what I had done .
I forget this a Winders user dominated site :bad:, I in no way meant joecar is a 'hacker' in that he tries to infiltrate systems to do damage , steal information or cause harm .
To me 'hacking' means to write code for a program or OS , either fixing a bug or adding usability to a program or OS .
SO sorry if it got misinterpreted I will try and watch what and how I say it in the future . :cheers:

Lextech
August 18th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I have NO IDEA what Joecar is talking about. I have the computer skills of a toddler.

Jeff

joecar
August 18th, 2009, 09:21 AM
joecar , man I am sorry , did not realize until you posted what I had done .
I forget this a Winders user dominated site :bad:, I in no way meant joecar is a 'hacker' in that he tries to infiltrate systems to do damage , steal information or cause harm .
To me 'hacking' means to write code for a program or OS , either fixing a bug or adding usability to a program or OS .
SO sorry if it got misinterpreted I will try and watch what and how I say it in the future . :cheers:No worries, I understood what you said...:cheers:...to me the original meaning of "hack" is to write code, and this is how I used the word in my post...

the original meaning of "hacker" is someone who is good/clever at writing/modifying code... the later usage of the word means someone who is breaking/entering... I subscribe to the original meaning... ;) ...a kernel hacker is someone who is good/clever with kernel code.

Biggsy
August 18th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Name change from joecar -----> joehack???
:grin:

Biggsy
August 18th, 2009, 10:06 AM
or even joehackcar :shock:

joecar
August 18th, 2009, 12:20 PM
lol... joecar almost sounds like joker...:rotflmao:... or joehacker... but I'm not that good.

Goldfinger911
August 20th, 2009, 04:08 AM
So.... an issue with the OS configuration is immediately blamed on EFILive....?
(If read, the UAC dialog box tells you whats happening and why)

mr.prick
August 20th, 2009, 11:07 AM
A lot of people don't know about UAC and the problems it can cause with installing
the software and drivers.
It's all too easy to get mad at the world because of Vista.