PDA

View Full Version : Changed PCM having VAT issues.

vmax
August 15th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Hello- I had to change PCM due to an A/C issue. Have the new one in it was burned by guy before it was sent to me. Loaded my tune on and truck would not start. Turned of Antitheft and now it will start. VIN is updated, but can not seem to do a VATS relink. When I try it says (turn off ignition then next time on it will relink) I do this and nothing happens.

Currently my tune is in VATS is off and my alarm will not work right now due to Antitheft off. All of my other tunes from different people all had Antitheft on and worked fine.

Easy on the termonology I am not a tuner just load em and smoke em. I have the latest version of EFI Live. Thanks in adavance!

GMPX
August 16th, 2009, 10:02 AM
What year? 2001 ECM's can be hit and miss with VATS learning.

vmax
August 16th, 2009, 10:49 AM
truck is a 2002. I did some searching on here and tried a few things but no luck yet.

GMC-2002-Dmax
August 16th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Go into the tune file, to table #G0301-G0304

Set G0301 to Enable
Set G0302 to 30 seconds
Set G0302 to 10 seconds
Set G0302 to 1 seconds

Cal flash the ecm.

Turn off key for countdown after flash.

Turn key on to run position, bump key to start for 1-2 seconds, leave in the "ON" position until the security light goes off.

When it goes off key "OFF" the ignition for 10 seconds, turn key back o"ON" and wait 5 seconds, then attempt to start truck.

That should complete the re-learn.

Tony

vmax
August 16th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Nice one it worked! Have no clue how who had the time to figure out that one but glad they did!