PDA

View Full Version : Bootloader error and no calibration!

horsehaulin
August 15th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I was loading a buddies truck with a tune. EFI Live erased ECM and then it stopped! Now the truck is sitting in the drive. I need help on this one. Any ideas of how to fix this, I have my tow truck hooked for ample power and the radio fuse is pulled.

horsehaulin
August 15th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Just a note, I just got this unit back from Ira. This is the first time I have used it since the upgrade from V1 to V2.

horsehaulin
August 15th, 2009, 01:53 PM
After two and half or more hours it finally took a flash and is back driving down the road. Problem solved.

Side note - If you have a LLY and load a tune, be sure to take the radio fuse out no matter what!

Nemo
August 15th, 2009, 05:26 PM
After two and half or more hours it finally took a flash and is back driving down the road. Problem solved.

Side note - If you have a LLY and load a tune, be sure to take the radio fuse out no matter what!

If the truck is running(drive it around a little bit), than stop turn everything off, shut truck off than flash... I dont have to unplug anything anymore...

horsehaulin
August 16th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Well after a few hours, I got a tune to take and now the beast is up and running again. I will for sure remove the radio fuse in the future. Last time I tuned the truck for him it had a stock radio, two months later and I was unaware that he had installed a differant one until the truck would not take a tune. If you guys dont pul the fuse you could end up like me, wondering if you need a new ECM. Luckily the truck is back up and running and I dont have to worry about loaning him my truck.

GMPX
August 16th, 2009, 11:05 AM
LLY's should always be recoverable (even on a failed full flash).
These aftermarket devices are very bad, they cause a lot of problems because they don't follow the correct guide lines on J1850 communications.
If ever you come across a truck that won't read or program reach for the radio fuse, you never know what somebody might have fitted.

Cheers,
Ross

ScarabEpic22
August 16th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I have to do this on the P10 PCMs too, I have a few guys that simply will not flash unless I pull the radio fuse and follow some crazy door opening/key procedure. It works in the end, but geez its annoying.