PDA

View Full Version : I cracked the 96 lb injector idle AFR!!!! Now it wont idle!

nitrorocket
October 11th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I figured out how to get the stock pcm to idle at a lean AFR with my 96lb injectors. It was 11.2:1 at idle, now I have at at 13.2:1.

Problem is now the car will not idle after I leaned it out. It will sit at 1000 rpm for 1 second and then die both in neutral and in gear. I raised the idle air park/in gear table up and down and it didn't really help. My IAC is at about 60 at idle. Any ideas?

If you tell me how to get the car to idle, :( I will tell you how I can make 96 lb injectors idle lean! J/K :roll: :D

bink
October 11th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I figured out how to get the stock pcm to idle at a lean AFR with my 96lb injectors. It was 11.2:1 at idle, now I have at at 13.2:1.

Problem is now the car will not idle after I leaned it out. It will sit at 1000 rpm for 1 second and then die both in neutral and in gear. I raised the idle air park/in gear table up and down and it didn't really help. My IAC is at about 60 at idle. Any ideas?

If you tell me how to get the car to idle, :( I will tell you how I can make 96 lb injectors idle lean! J/K :roll: :D

Not getting enough Running Airflow??......Beyond Startup??

Maybe you need to scan Start Up, Friction and idle airflow (B4304, B4343 and B4307). Also Scan the IAC SUM PID.
Each of these is a DMA PID. B4307 is the "Warmed up_DMA" PID - one each for gear and P/N.

I'd put the Idle Air Parked B4308 back to stock.

By comparing the scanned PCM/DMA values and the associated Table values you should be able to estimate the Airflow to keep her running.
Put this in the B4307 Table at the appropriate temp.

My best guess.

Cheers,
joel

bink
October 13th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Did you look at the Airflow?? Just curious.

Cheers,
joel

joecar
October 13th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Did you use pull up/down resistors...?