PDA

View Full Version : Cannot disable DTC on my propane run Denali

cherche
August 20th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Hi,
my name is Jochen and I'm one of the few guys here in Germany who drive an american vehicle. But I love it:cucumber:. It is a 2008 GMC Sierra Denali AWD with a 6.2 litre Vortec.

Because of the cost of premium gas here I converted the truck for running on propane (nearly one third of the cost of premium!).

My truck was tuned by Justin from Black Bear Perfomance via FlashScanV2 and runs like hell :cheers:.

The problem is (and was before the tune): when running on propane (it still uses gas for starting the engine) it throws DTC P069E and P0191 and the red engine light comes off.

DTC P069E is already disabled and DTC P0191 I cannot find in order to disable it. What is the problem????

I know I'm a bloody beginner but ist there anybody who can help me out? I just started to get familiar to my FlashScan V2 :help2:.

Many greetz from Germany
Jochen

chevy052500hd
August 20th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Found this on ls1 tech, seems be the same issue just different codes.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/939517-08-vortec-max-cng.html

The other code might not be in the pcm, but in the fcm.

cherche
August 20th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Thank You!!!

The installer of the propane system also used a "black box" in order to eliminate these codes. Without the "black box" I also had the P2635 - now I got the P0191 instead of it :music_whistling_1:.
Jochen