PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade O.S. to run AutoVE

curtbriggs
October 12th, 2005, 12:07 PM
The AutoVE Tutorial recommends upgrading my 1999 to a 2001 or later. Is that allowed on a personal license. I'd like to do this.

Thanks, Curt

Tordne
October 12th, 2005, 01:47 PM
To change the base PCM operating system, which is essentially what you are doing when going to a different years Operating System requires you to have either the Commercial or Workshop version of EFILive FlashScan. These are the only FlashScan editions that support the full-reflash capability, which is required for this operation.

EFILive has a very generous (IMO) upgrade price from Personal to Commercial.

Cheers,

curtbriggs
October 12th, 2005, 02:24 PM
To change the base PCM operating system, which is essentially what you are doing when going to a different years Operating System requires you to have either the Commercial or Workshop version of EFILive FlashScan. These are the only FlashScan editions that support the full-reflash capability, which is required for this operation.

EFILive has a very generous (IMO) upgrade price from Personal to Commercial.

Cheers,

Andrew, thanks, I never considered it until now, does have avantages. What's 150 compared to what I've spent in equipment.

Thanks, Curt

Tordne
October 12th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Andrew, thanks, I never considered it until now, does have advantages. What's 150 compared to what I've spent in equipment.

I didn't want to be the one to say that :wink:. Some people have very different views on money. I personally couldn't believe the upgrade cost was ONLY 150. For me it was a complete no brainer decision, considering the additional functionality and tuning ability it afforded me.

Cheers,

curtbriggs
October 12th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Andrew, thanks, I never considered it until now, does have advantages. What's 150 compared to what I've spent in equipment.

I didn't want to be the one to say that :wink:. Some people have very different views on money. I personally couldn't believe the upgrade cost was ONLY 150. For me it was a complete no brainer decision, considering the additional functionality and tuning ability it afforded me.

Cheers,

Just finished the order, guess it comes via email. Gad you, brought it up, as he who hesitates gets screwed. Especially, before the price goes up.

I owe ya one, Curt

Tordne
October 12th, 2005, 03:26 PM
I should hit Paul up for commission 8)

Enjoy,

joecar
October 12th, 2005, 06:45 PM
It's like buying more tools: get 'em while they're on sale.
:D

GMPX
October 12th, 2005, 07:29 PM
I know Paul just fitted another cam and all, but I don't think the upgrade to commercial is about to jump :lol:

Cheers,
Ross

TAQuickness
October 13th, 2005, 05:56 AM
I know Paul just fitted another cam and all, but I don't think the upgrade to commercial is about to jump :lol:

Cheers,
Ross

I think gasoline would have more effect than anything ;)