PDA

View Full Version : V2 and LC-1

Chevy366
August 25th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Okay , I saw all the new post about AutoVE and decided to recheck mine at a different temperature , was tuned at 30*F , 70-80*F now , but I guess I am brain dead .
I selected the Controller (LC-1) BEN MAP from the configured Main_VE-LC-1_WO2 BEN.map MAPs , I then selected the configured AutoVE_LC-1.pid PIDs , I remembered you needed to select a additional PID when using the V2 serial connection .
I can't seem to get any communication from the V2 to the BEN MAP (at least not correct info , .50 or 7.53 AFR ) , I checked that the LC-1 is in the correct fuel mode (gasoline , 14.7) , and the V2 shows AFR from wide-band correctly , which it did and does . I selected the default LC-1 PIDs and added , EXT.WO2AFR1 , EXT.WO2ST1 and CALC.BEN1 .
What else is needed for the LC-1 to function in serial communication to the BEN MAP ? Everything is set the same to Metric .
Default PIDs for AutoVE_LC-1.pid are , and I assume these are for the V1 analog inputs , CALC.BEN_LC11 , EXT.AD1 , CALC.AFR_LC11 , CALC.AFR_LC1 .
Using Scan Tool version 7.5.5 (Build 88) .
Is there a PID default selection for the V2 and Serial ?

Gil

joecar
August 25th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Okay , I saw all the new post about AutoVE and decided to recheck mine at a different temperature , was tuned at 30*F , 70-80*F now , but I guess I am brain dead .
I selected the Controller (LC-1) BEN MAP from the configured Main_VE-LC-1_WO2 BEN.map MAPs , I then selected the configured AutoVE_LC-1.pid PIDs , I remembered you needed to select a additional PID when using the V2 serial connection .
I can't seem to get any communication from the V2 to the BEN MAP (at least not correct info , .50 or 7.53 AFR ) , I checked that the LC-1 is in the correct fuel mode (gasoline , 14.7) , and the V2 shows AFR from wide-band correctly , which it did and does . I selected the default LC-1 PIDs and added , EXT.WO2AFR1 , EXT.WO2ST1 and CALC.BEN1 .
What else is needed for the LC-1 to function in serial communication to the BEN MAP ? Everything is set the same to Metric .
Default PIDs for AutoVE_LC-1.pid are , and I assume these are for the V1 analog inputs , CALC.BEN_LC11 , EXT.AD1 , CALC.AFR_LC11 , CALC.AFR_LC1 .
Using Scan Tool version 7.5.5 (Build 88) .
Is there a PID default selection for the V2 and Serial ?

GilGil,

The red stuff is for analog AFR (you don't need these anymore), the green stuff is for serial AFR (you selected these)...

What you do need to do is: edit the map for CALC.BEN_LC11 and change the data pid to CALC.BEN1 and save the map with a new filename (reflecting that this is for the serial BEN)... on the PIDs tab if you do rightclick->More Info on CALC.BEN1 you will see that it references the pid EXT.WO2AFR1.

Joe

Chevy366
August 25th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Gil,

The red stuff is for analog AFR (you don't need these anymore), the green stuff is for serial AFR (you selected these)...

What you do need to do is: edit the map for CALC.BEN_LC11 and change the data pid to CALC.BEN1 and save the map with a new filename (reflecting that this is for the serial BEN)... on the PIDs tab if you do rightclick->More Info on CALC.BEN1 you will see that it references the pid EXT.WO2AFR1.

Joe

Thanks Joe that did it . :doh2::cheers:
What about MAF calibration same thing , I guess ?

Gil

joecar
August 26th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Yes, same thing for MAF BEN map.