PDA

View Full Version : First Shippment

87gmc
January 4th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Will we be sent a confirmation of shippment or just wait for it to show up? :?:

GMPX
January 4th, 2005, 04:08 PM

I am not the 'shipping guy' so I don't know, that Paul's dept.
Unfortunately Paul had to urgently fly to Australia today (last night) on family business, he will back on deck tomorrow from NZ, then he will probably give you your tracking details if you didn't get them for your shipments.

Thanks,
Ross

Earl H
January 4th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Can you comment on how many units will go out in the first shipment?

SinisterSS
January 4th, 2005, 05:37 PM
n/m Ross got it. :D

GMPX
January 4th, 2005, 06:01 PM

Earl, I am really sorry but I do not know.

Cheers,
Ross

FastFieros
January 4th, 2005, 06:19 PM
I have a question about the order page... I made to the select paypal as the pay option, but it indicated that my status was pending. I did not get any emails.

I saved the page as an HTML in case I needed to reference anything from it.

Loyde

wait4me
January 5th, 2005, 12:59 AM
looks like a bunch of guys arent getting thru on the sale, ?? isnt there a way you guys can just ditch the store front for now and go direct from paypal?

SinisterSS
January 5th, 2005, 05:47 AM
We got the pending message as well when we purchased the beta test units. Probably something to do with PayPal, overseas and currency conversion. Nothing to worry about in my opinion. Enjoy your new EFILive goodies! :D

Blacky
January 5th, 2005, 10:02 AM

The first shipment will be approx 70 units.
So order numbers up to about 82 will be covered in the first shipment. (the first 12 orders were "test orders").

Regards
Paul

Blacky
January 5th, 2005, 10:03 AM

For orders outside of New Zealand, a UPS tracking number will be sent to you when the product ships. You will be able to track the progress of the shipment via UPS' order tracking facility.

Regards
Paul

87gmc
January 5th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Hey paul so do we have a day set on when they will be shipped? American date not downunder :lol:

Blacky
January 5th, 2005, 10:31 AM
I have a question about the order page... I made to the select paypal as the pay option, but it indicated that my status was pending. I did not get any emails.

Loyde

Hi Loyde,

We have your order as #59.
I've resent you a copy of the order again, let me know if you still don't receive it.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
January 5th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Hey paul so do we have a day set on when they will be shipped? American date not downunder :lol:

Looks like we will be packing boxes all weekend and shipping Monday. That's just an estimate, things can go wrong between now and then.

I hope to post an update on our web site news page today or tomorrow.

Regards
Paul

FastFieros
January 5th, 2005, 10:36 AM

Loyde

Hi Loyde,

We have your order as #59.
I've resent you a copy of the order again, let me know if you still don't receive it.

Regards
Paul

Ok, I have the invoice now. I see I will be part of the 82 group :)

Thanks,

Loyde

87gmc
January 5th, 2005, 11:11 AM

Looks like we will be packing boxes all weekend and shipping Monday. That's just an estimate, things can go wrong between now and then.

Regards
Paul

Another sad sad weekend for us waiting :(

Just giving you a hard time Paul. Please let us know and also check my order number 34 make sure all the correct information for the upgrade got added i would hate to find out at the last min. Just pm me if you have time.

Chris

Blacky
January 5th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Another sad sad weekend for us waiting :(
Just giving you a hard time Paul. Please let us know and also check my order number 34 make sure all the correct information for the upgrade got added i would hate to find out at the last min. Just pm me if you have time.
Chris

The hold up won't be incorrect details. If anyone's details are incorrect or a payment gets rejected, we'll send an email asking for corrections, and just ship later the same day or the next day.

Regards
Paul

halfmoon
January 6th, 2005, 03:35 PM

Regards
Paul

Super Sweet!

My order number is in the first lot. I'll be looking forward to a tracking number and the ability to dump my slow, slow LS1Edit cable and terrible moderated email list, no help at all, ignore a user that has a bug kind of support from Ken K..

87gmc
January 9th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Anything shipped yet?

Blacky
January 9th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Anything shipped yet?

No not yet, nothing will be shipped out of NZ until Tuesday night NZ time (Monday night US time). Although UPS pick up during the day, the plane doesn't leave here for the US until after 6:00pm each night.

Due to higher than expected demand, (phew! we've been busy) we will be sending an exclusive offer to all customers who have ordered EFILive FlashScan, and who may miss out on first round shipping. Check your email boxes for it.

Paul

wait4me
January 9th, 2005, 04:41 PM
ohh dang, i was ordering but was being nice because i wanted others to get the stuff first.. and was waiting for the next shipment to come around cause 80 units aint very many.. cause im already sold on the software... :( now i miss out....

Drake
January 9th, 2005, 05:03 PM
You folks are funny... :mrgreen:

"Thank you everyone for your overwhelming support, we had no idea EFILive was going to be so popular."

wait4me
January 9th, 2005, 05:05 PM
its always better to be better than you think.. right ? :)

Blacky
January 9th, 2005, 05:09 PM
ohh dang, i was ordering but was being nice because i wanted others to get the stuff first.. and was waiting for the next shipment to come around cause 80 units aint very many.. cause im already sold on the software... :( now i miss out....

No, you won't miss out. Anyone who orders before midnight on Jan 10 will be included, so you've got about 24 hours :)

We don't process any CC payments until each product is ready to ship . So you won't be out of pocket while waiting for the product to ship. (PayPal is different, processing those payments is out of our control)

Regards
Paul

wait4me
January 9th, 2005, 05:11 PM
fine, doing it right now :) email me with how much to send or the special and ill just send it all at once. jessebubb@yahoo.com thanks jes

Drake
January 9th, 2005, 05:17 PM
I'm confused wait4me, did you think you were going to miss out on the 4 VINs or what?

wait4me
January 9th, 2005, 05:22 PM
no the special deal :) not the vin locked thing.. lol, im just buying this to help guys on my site program there cars anyways.. i already have full unlocked versions of all the other guys software.. :) i cant talk about it if i dont have it :) eventually i will have the full version o f this.. jes

Mark Barber
January 9th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Hello Guys,

I have decided to take up the offer to wait for another 3 to 4 weeks to receive my Flashscan ( order #28 ). I did this not to gain another licence ( 2 will be more than enough for me ) but to give someone else who may have missed out, the opportunity to get their hands on this awesome new product while I get my act together and purchase and install a WBo2 sensor and learn all I can from this forum on how to most effectively use this new tool.
I've been waiting all year, another few weeks will make little difference !!!!!!

Regards,

Mark

bink
January 10th, 2005, 02:13 AM
[quote=wait4me]No, you won't miss out. Anyone who orders before midnight on Jan 10 will be included, so you've got about 24 hours :)

Regards
Paul

My Order # is 13 - do I get the 0000001 serial #???

Cheers,
joel

wait4me
January 10th, 2005, 04:06 AM
joel you dont want that, lol then it will be a collectors item and you wont want to remove it from the plastic :) lol

87gmc
January 10th, 2005, 04:10 AM
I would take you up on the offer but I need it ASAP car is parked need tuning to be drivable.

chris

wait4me
January 10th, 2005, 04:17 AM
gmc if you send me tha computer, ill get you going if you want :) i dont charge anything...

Drake
January 10th, 2005, 05:42 AM
I've got to say that it's tempting, but I'm sick and tired of having to run a 55 shot dry because of my bad tune. :roll:

Four PCMs will be enough for me... 8)

Blacky
January 10th, 2005, 06:23 AM
[quote=wait4me]No, you won't miss out. Anyone who orders before midnight on Jan 10 will be included, so you've got about 24 hours :)

Regards
Paul

My Order # is 13 - do I get the 0000001 serial #???

Cheers,
joel

Trivia: The serial number is auto generated when the FlashScan firmware is progrmmed. The actual value of the serial number is an encoded form of the date/time. So no, there will be no 00000001 serial number :(

Regards
Paul

87gmc
January 10th, 2005, 07:57 AM
gmc if you send me tha computer, ill get you going if you want :) i dont charge anything...

Thanks for the offer if it was my only means of transportation i would do it but I wanna tune it myself see if i can blow it up :D

wait4me
January 10th, 2005, 08:45 AM
lol crazy crazy person..... must be nice to have that outlook on life...

bink
January 10th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Trivia: The serial number is auto generated when the FlashScan firmware is progrmmed. The actual value of the serial number is an encoded form of the date/time. So no, there will be no 00000001 serial number :(

Regards
Paul

Just fooling around alittle :P .
If there was a #000001- you guys should have it as a memento or something.

Steve Bryant
January 10th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Bink,
I really believe that you and all the other good folks who have waited for FlashScan and Version 7 are going to be happy campers! :D

All my best,

Steve

Dirk Diggler
January 10th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Just placed my order and the TS on it says January 11 but its still the 10th here (USA) do I still get the extra license.

Drake
January 10th, 2005, 12:57 PM
So, did it ship yet? :twisted:

87gmc
January 10th, 2005, 02:09 PM
So, did it ship yet? :twisted: 8)

87gmc
January 11th, 2005, 03:07 AM
So, did it ship yet? :twisted:

so.................................. :?:

Drake
January 11th, 2005, 04:19 AM
I guess no news is bad news.

Steve Bryant
January 11th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Not necessarily. It's just after 5:00 am on Wednesday morning in Auckland. Paul has been putting in 20 hour days lately and he'll be back on line to tell us something fairly soon. I can't blame anyone for being excited and anxious to get their stuff!

All my best,

Steve

87gmc
January 11th, 2005, 04:46 AM
Paul had mention they would be shipped by monday 6 p.m. usa time so im wondering if they went or...............

Steve Bryant
January 11th, 2005, 04:55 AM
87 GMC,
Back up a page and take a look at Paul's response to your question from yesterday. He said that nothing would be shipped until Tuesday from Auckland. Initially he said that he was shooting for an earlier date, but reality set in and he updated it to Tuesday.

Steve

87gmc
January 11th, 2005, 05:27 AM
87 GMC,
Back up a page and take a look at Paul's response to your question from yesterday. He said that nothing would be shipped until Tuesday from Auckland. Initially he said that he was shooting for an earlier date, but reality set in and he updated it to Tuesday.

Steve

Yes he said tuesday which he also said that would be monday night US time. I was just curious if anything did leave monday US TIME 8)

No not yet, nothing will be shipped out of NZ until Tuesday night NZ time (Monday night US time). Although UPS pick up during the day, the plane doesn't leave here for the US until after 6:00pm each night.

Drake
January 11th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Hmm... still nothing. Starting to wonder over here. :|

Blacky
January 11th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Late night last night - just got to work....

The first round of shipment is ready to be picked up by UPS - just waiting for the UPS truck to arrive.

Once the packages are scanned at UPS' depot, the tracking numbers will be sent automatically to the email address that you entered when you rordered.

Regards
Paul

Drake
January 11th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the update Paul. That's good news indeed. 8)

87gmc
January 11th, 2005, 08:48 AM
So when will be seeing them here in the usa around thursday or friday?

Thanks for the update im ready to get my new toy

Chris 8)

Steve Bryant
January 11th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Chris,
It took about 24 hours for the interface units to arrive for the US Beta Testers. Assuming that all goes well, I'd say that you'll be playing with your new toy this weekend for sure! 8)

A word of advice. Try to get some sleep in advance. :)

All my best,

Steve

Blacky
January 11th, 2005, 09:16 AM
So when will be seeing them here in the usa around thursday or friday?

Thanks for the update im ready to get my new toy

Chris 8)

It's just gone 10:00am here. The flight out to the US is not until tonight, which (assuming no flight delays) should arrive LAX very early morning Wednesday. From there, how long it takes to get to your door is up to UPS.
You can follow it with your tracking numbers when you get them.

Just to be sure - if you (or others) email me your order number (store@efilive.com) and I'll tell you if your order is in the first shipment or not.

Paul

87gmc
January 11th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Chris,
It took about 24 hours for the interface units to arrive for the US Beta Testers. Assuming that all goes well, I'd say that you'll be playing with your new toy this weekend for sure! 8)

A word of advice. Try to get some sleep in advance. :)

All my best,

Steve

Steve i'll try my best i'm just ready to drive my baby again. :)

Bruce Melton
January 11th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Got my tracking # from UPS about 8 US Cental tonight. Still not trackable on system. Will update in AM.

Package Progress:
Date/
Time

Jan 13, 2005 > arrived
that was quick.

Drake
January 11th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Tracking system is up to date now. Groovy baby.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/entertainment/9906/summer.movies/austinpowers.jpg

Also, I'm no longer a "junior member".

:mrgreen:

87gmc
January 12th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Got my tracking number its in LOUISVILLE, KY

Weekend is looking fun :lol:

Drake
January 12th, 2005, 06:23 AM
What's the first thing everyone's going to do? I can't wait to get rid of this SES light for the emissions stuff. I've been basking in the glow for far too long.

87gmc
January 12th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Get mine to idle at least without surging

Patches
January 12th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Got my tracking # yesterday. I'm in Atlanta. Hopefully see it before the weekend.

My order # is 62.

johnv
January 12th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Just got mine :D Thanks EFLLive team.
Off to work now so don't get to play until tomorrow,Bugga :x

Cheers
John

GMPX
January 12th, 2005, 03:36 PM

Cheers
John

Yes, but given your location, did Paul hand deliver it just to see if that GTS could do better at the track :wink:

Cheers,
Ross

Blacky
January 12th, 2005, 05:14 PM

Cheers
John

Yes, but given your location, did Paul hand deliver it just to see if that GTS could do better at the track :wink:

Cheers,
Ross

I considered going for a drive - but no time :(
Paul

Drake
January 12th, 2005, 05:45 PM
So, what's the next step? Support and working on the next shipments, right? Hopefully things will smooth out now.

I like the new board layout by the way, much simpler.

Patches
January 13th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Mine just arrived. Course, I'm at work and it's at home so I'll have to wait 'til this PM to check it out.

Thanks, guys. :D

87gmc
January 13th, 2005, 04:24 AM
HEHE just received mine time to go play and see what i can tear up :lol:

02pewterls1
January 13th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Just got mine an hour ago and have been playing with it. :D I knew it would be worth the wait. This new product is just plain bad ASS..!!!!
Great job guys.!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Steve Bryant
January 13th, 2005, 05:15 AM
So, what's the next step? Support and working on the next shipments, right? Hopefully things will smooth out now.

I like the new board layout by the way, much simpler.

Paul and Ross have done a wonderful job with the software and hardware! MRK pushed hard to bring FlashScan to the forefront of product development. Those of us involved in the Beta Testing have tried hard to refine and improve everything. :D

One thing that I would recommend to all new users is if you are pleased, tell the world! Let others know how well you like the product. When you find glitches or have ideas for improvement, report those things here. Collectively, the user community/family, can all make FlashScan and EFILive better and better!

I do want to emphasize again that as you gain some experience with the product, share your feelings with other potential users. :D

All my best,

Steve

dbaxter_ss
January 13th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Finally able to order mine :D

I have been telling the world already. Although getting attacked by the hp lovers. No biggy, I have been with EFI for a long time. Thats why I was happy to see this come out.

YAHHH!! No more changing cables :D

Drake
January 13th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Mine is waiting at home as well. Something tells me I'll be up late tonight. 8)

warpster
January 13th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Just got mine! A new era begins!

GMPX
January 13th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Finally able to order mine :D

I have been telling the world already. Although getting attacked by the hp lovers. No biggy, I have been with EFI for a long time. Thats why I was happy to see this come out.

YAHHH!! No more changing cables :D

Appreciate the support, but don't get caught up in the us v's them wars, you can't change peoples minds, I kinda relate forum wars to trying to convince a Apple Mac user to buy a PC, it aint going to happen!!.

Cheers,
Ross

halfmoon
January 13th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Got mine today too..

I can't Believe how fast I got it from NZ to California. talk about NOT getting ripped off for shipping. Getting camera equipment from New York to California in that time usually costs me 3x the shipping fees.... Now I'm thinking of finding a closer camera store.. ;)

Patches
January 14th, 2005, 01:17 AM
I loaded the software last night and spent some time exploring the features and overall interface and I have to say that I am just totally impressed with the creators of this package. The EFI Live and FlashScan modules seem to be very well integrated and yet run independently nicely. The interface improvement over Edit is amazing and very much appreciated. The "centrality" makes every parameter one or two clicks away. Can't wait to get my PLX WB on Tuesday so I can complete the install.

Also, I'd like to thank the FlashScan team for professionalism in product quality, customer service, packaging and the amazing turnaround time in the order. A definite homerun in my book. Here're a few shots of my kit.

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/patches//Images/Flashscan/flashscan1.jpg

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/patches//Images/Flashscan/flashscan2.jpg

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/patches//Images/Flashscan/flashscan3.jpg

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/patches//Images/Flashscan/flashscan4.jpg

GMPX
January 14th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Thanks Patches, your comments are much appreciated.

Cheers,
Ross

Dirk Diggler
January 14th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Boy I cant wait to get mine...... Now I dont have to explain to customers what to hit on the laptop before staging.

mistermike
January 15th, 2005, 03:35 AM
Appreciate the support, but don't get caught up in the us v's them wars, you can't change peoples minds, I kinda relate forum wars to trying to convince a Apple Mac user to buy a PC, it aint going to happen!!.

Cheers,
Ross
Yep. Look what happened to MRK. :roll: Live and let live. I think HPT's licensing scheme is going to come back and bite them in the wallet. There are lots of folks with the same year car talking about sharing the cost of their kit. I'll be happy to have my own, and enjoy the great support of the EFIlive crew!

Drake
January 15th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Absolutely. Support is the name of the game, IMO. Not having to pay for future upgrades is probably my favorite feature, along with the scanner.

Black box logging works nicely, by the way.

GMPX
January 15th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Black box logging works nicely, by the way.

It's funny, some of the workshops that purchased Flashscan pointed out the benefits of Black Box logging that we never thought of as an end user feature.....
For example.

1 - Some classes of racing (both drag and circuit) do not allow lose objects (like 4kg laptops!) to ride in the car.

2 - They can tune a customers car on Friday, the customer goes racing on the weekend with the adaptor to log everything, then come Monday they can download and review all the data...so if the customer lost (or gained) 1/2sec they can see what happened.

But for me, I just grab the interface like I am grabbing my keys and plug it in and am always logging.

Anyway, I'm happy you find it useful too, I think Paul lost MANY nights sleep getting that part of the firmware working.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
January 15th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Boy I cant wait to get mine...... Now I dont have to explain to customers what to hit on the laptop before staging.

Dirk,

One great thing Paul put into Black Box logging is the ability to set it up so it only logs for 'x' amount of time then shuts off.
So for a run at the strip, set it up to log for say 3mins, just as you come to the burnout box, hit the log button, then you know in 3mins time it will stop logging by itself and you don't have to worry about shutting it off at 140MPH (cause we all do 140MPH passes right :wink: ). Plus there is then no chance of you forgetting to turn it off and running out of log memory before the night of racing is over.

Cheers,
Ross

bink
January 16th, 2005, 03:30 AM
:D
Mine arrived Thursday the 13th. Due to circumstances I just now opened it. Wow, is this too cool or what??
It's so tiny I'll feel like I'm missing something - without my driving partner laptop.
Can't wait to use it :!:

Dirk Diggler
January 16th, 2005, 04:05 AM

Dirk,

One great thing Paul put into Black Box logging is the ability to set it up so it only logs for 'x' amount of time then shuts off.
So for a run at the strip, set it up to log for say 3mins, just as you come to the burnout box, hit the log button, then you know in 3mins time it will stop logging by itself and you don't have to worry about shutting it off at 140MPH (cause we all do 140MPH passes right :wink: ). Plus there is then no chance of you forgetting to turn it off and running out of log memory before the night of racing is over.

Cheers,
Ross

Now thats what i am talking about :D

zrx1200
January 17th, 2005, 06:27 PM
how is production coming along?realy hoping to see flashscan by the end of the month any chance? from what i'm reading on this forum sounds like a great bit of gear thanks ben..

Blacky
January 17th, 2005, 06:33 PM
We hope to have all the parts from the next production run ready to box and ship by first week of Feb.
Regards
Paul

zrx1200
January 17th, 2005, 06:42 PM
cool a new toy and a house all in feb :D