PDA

View Full Version : EFILive is moving...

Blacky
August 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Just a quick update for anyone that's interested...

EFILive has recently secured a new home in purpose built commercial building. We expect to make the move into the new building around Dec 2009 or Jan 2010. But given my (non) ability to estimate accurate project release dates, that could mean we won't get in until around 2013 :(

Once the building has been custom refitted (as per our requirements), we'll post up our new contact details plus some pictures of the new EFILive digs.

The new office/warehouse complex will allow EFILive to employ new staff which will translate into better products, delivered more quickly.
(see this thread (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=102600#post102600) for more on that)

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
August 28th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Schweeeet!! Im gonna have to come visit sometime, always wanted to visit down under.

TAQuickness
August 28th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Very cool! I guess this means the Paul and Ross clones are maturing and ready to start work?

GMPX
August 29th, 2009, 01:06 AM
It will certainly make getting more R&D / tech staff on board a lot easier. But I think Paul and Donna know I will not set foot in the new building until the new Saeco espresso machine is in and working.

Tordne
August 29th, 2009, 07:37 AM
When it's open I'll scope out the cafe that has one of those machines for ya ;)

joecar
August 29th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Cool...:cheers:...I'll have to come to visit...

5.7ute
August 30th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Is this new building on the beach next to all the money you are making???:gossip:
Seriously though it is good to see the business is expanding. Cant wait to see the new premisis.

mr.prick
August 30th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I told you guys they're raking it in!
And deservedly so, what a great product.
Congrats on all your success,
and many thanks for all that EFILive has done for the tuning community.

Just don't move to China. :hihi:

Tordne
August 30th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Just don't move to China. :hihi:

Someone has to be able to tune the new Hummers ;)

TAQuickness
August 30th, 2009, 09:39 PM

ouch :doh2:

GMPX
August 30th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I told you guys they're raking it in!
Do you see in my sig a 2009 Ferrari?
I mean, I ordered the darn thing 3 months ago, what is with the delivery times!!

mr.prick
August 31st, 2009, 01:33 AM
Owned :laugh:

You do know newer Ferrari's use dual Bosch Motec's right?

GM to form China venture, invest $293 million (http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE57T0IV20090830)
Can we change language from English to Chinese in the software?

Tordne
August 31st, 2009, 09:27 AM
I decided to get the Lamborghini. I'm impatient and just couldn't wait for the Ferrari lead times! The F450 looks like it is going to be pretty nice!

Brian1
August 31st, 2009, 11:00 AM

I can see a donation request coming. :gossip:

Brian

GMPX
September 1st, 2009, 10:30 AM
You do know newer Ferrari's use dual Bosch Motec's right?I find that hard to believe, I don't know Motec's that well, but I figure they would not be designed to meet Euro4 emissions.
Most Italian cars use Magnetti Marelli ECM's (being an Italian company).

I can see a donation request coming.I wouldn't own one, what is the first thing most people say when they see someone in a Ferrari?...... Look at that wan---.

Cheers,
Ross

Tordne
September 1st, 2009, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't own one, what is the first thing most people say when they see someone in a Ferrari?...... Look at that wan---.

I thought, seeing as people already call me that, why not have the car, as there is no difference in outcome :gossip:

mr.prick
September 1st, 2009, 11:51 AM
I find that hard to believe, I don't know Motec's that well, but I figure they would not be designed to meet Euro4 emissions.
Most Italian cars use Magnetti Marelli ECM's (being an Italian company).
Do a search,
the window stickers have Bosch Motec 7.1.1 as the ECU. (F430, F360, 575 ect.)
That might be for certain countries.

You can crack one of them, can't ya Ross? :secret:

joecar
September 1st, 2009, 02:13 PM
Is this where you're moving to...

5.7ute
September 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM
Is this where you're moving to...

Thats the old headquarters, the new one is a bit more upmarket.

GMPX
September 1st, 2009, 10:13 PM
Do a search,
the window stickers have Bosch Motec 7.1.1 as the ECU. (F430, F360, 575 ect.)That would be Bosch Motronic, not Motec.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motronic

mr.prick
September 2nd, 2009, 02:51 AM
:doh:
Same thing right? :laugh:
It starts with M anyways.

gmh308
September 3rd, 2009, 04:19 PM
Congratulations EFI Live team. Now Paul's eternal (to be applauded) optimism can intersect reality. :)

98 tigershark
September 12th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Way cool!!! Lease or Buy!! I will check out the data base in New Z for permits to see if I can help!!! Congrats!! Does it comply with the disability Act? Physical not mental. If so I could visit!! HE HE HE!! LOL!!
98 tigershark

Blacky
September 12th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Way cool!!! Lease or Buy!! I will check out the data base in New Z for permits to see if I can help!!! Congrats!! Does it comply with the disability Act? Physical not mental. If so I could visit!! HE HE HE!! LOL!!
98 tigershark

Yes, it has to comply with all relevant disability codes. The previous tenants (a taxi repair company) did a midnight runner and left the place in a bit of a mess. It will take about 3 months to refit the interior.

Regards
Paul

98 tigershark
September 12th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Leases are very good ways to go. Buying is OK too. In the Real estate development/Ownership business we do have a saying. What is your asset, your property or your Business?? THATS GREAT IT COMPLYS, THEN YOU COULD HIRE ME TO BUG ROSS, SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT:secret::bangin::laugh: PAUL AFTER HIRING ME TOO BUG ROSS:notacrook::coool: AND THEN ROSS:wallbash:
CONGRATS
THOR

gmh308
September 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Yes, it has to comply with all relevant disability codes. The previous tenants (a taxi repair company) did a midnight runner and left the place in a bit of a mess. It will take about 3 months to refit the interior.

Regards
Paul

Do NZ codes for worker access and care include easy access for sheep to come and go and also green grass dispensers next to the Saeco espresso machine?

(sorry....you know I couldnt resist....:grin:)

98 tigershark
September 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I thought the sheep jokes were reserved for the State of Montana.
Do these work at EFILive too?
Signed,
Anonymous

Do NZ codes for worker access and care include easy access for sheep to come and go and also green grass dispensers next to the Saeco espresso machine?

5.7ute
September 14th, 2009, 06:41 PM

That was a Baaaaaaaaaaad joke gmh. Thanks for shearing it with us.

gmh308
September 14th, 2009, 06:57 PM
That was a Baaaaaaaaaaad joke gmh. Thanks for shearing it with us.

Yes but someone had to do it right! :) Of course now I will be ex-communicated...so ciao!

Its camels around the Alice right?

I thought the sheep jokes were reserved for the State of Montana.
Do these work at EFILive too?
Signed,
Anonymous

Does Montana have more sheep than people too?

98 tigershark
September 14th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I liked the joke. Yes MT state does have allot but the state of NZ has more.
In the US, we hear that joke all the time about the people that live in the State of NZ not in WA though, we have cows !:nixweiss:
98 tigershark

PS we still do get good rack of Lamb from New Zealand and I think I will have that for dinner monyawna!! Yum Yum Yum :muahaha:

Yes but someone had to do it right! :) Of course now I will be ex-communicated...so ciao!

Does Montana have more sheep than people too?

gmh308
September 14th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I liked the joke. Yes MT state does have allot but the state of NZ has more.
In the US, we hear that joke all the time about the people that live in the State of NZ not in WA though, we have cows !:nixweiss:
98 tigershark

PS we still do get good rack of Lamb from New Zealand and I think I will have the for dinner monyana!! Yum Yum Yum :muahaha:

Yes you are right about that! NZ has the best lamb and beef on the planet. All that gorgeous green grass to eat year round! :)

5.7ute
September 15th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Its camels around the Alice right?

Yeah. But you have got to be quick so you dont get an ugly one.:secret:
Seriously though there is mainly dust, flies, kangaroos & cattle. Plus the occasional dingo (usually without a baby in its mouth) :cheers:

98 tigershark
September 15th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Hey guy,

I could not resist and have to tell all of you from down under, We dont have a state with the initials NZ. If we did it would be somewhere between Arizona(AZ) and New Mexico (NM). Unless the folks in NZ want to be a part of the US then we could have a NZ initialed state. LOL, HEE HEE HEE.
But the bad part is the local store does not have NZ lamb so thats what I get for being a smart a....
So it the north isle. That is warmer than the south isle.
Hey is a GTO a Holden down there or a Pontiac. It looks like Pontiac is gone in the US.
98 tigershark

Seriously though there is mainly dust, flies, kangaroos & cattle. Plus the occasional dingo (usually without a baby in its mouth) :cheers:

gmh308
September 15th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Yeah.

But you have got to be quick so you dont get an ugly one.:secret:

Yah I guess all the good looking ones got smart and left eh? :hihi:

Hey guy,

I could not resist and have to tell all of you from down under, We dont have a state with the initials NZ. If we did it would be somewhere between Arizona(AZ) and New Mexico (NM). Unless the folks in NZ want to be a part of the US then we could have a NZ initialed state. LOL, HEE HEE HEE.
But the bad part is the local store does not have NZ lamb so thats what I get for being a smart a....
So it the north isle. That is warmer than the south isle.
Hey is a GTO a Holden down there or a Pontiac. It looks like Pontiac is gone in the US.
98 tigershark

NZ is already the eastern most state of Australia (just that the NZ'ers havent been told yet :) ), as half their population is living in Bondi and surrounds.

The GTO is a Holden "Monaro" in this part of the planet. Thats what the GTO started life as. Monaro is purportedly an aboriginal word for "treeless plain" and is a region of the rural space about 250 miles from Sydney. Though Monaro may have its origins in the name Camaro too. "aro" The names were likely "born" about the same time.

Yeah sad about Pontiac. Y'all dont get the G8 anymore, and we dont get the Camaro. :bawl: Though good 'ole boy Bob Lutz may get it back yet. Never say never.

98 tigershark
September 15th, 2009, 03:46 PM
That fact (no Camaro's) makes yours extra special as I think it is quite an outstanding specimen already.
I have heard an old saying; that it is every Canadian's dream to be an American.:rockon: That must be along those lines the NZers that is.:rockon::hihi:
I heard they do have good Haveleana (Wild Bore) hunting in NZ and also the famed Red Stag and good sailing. And maybe even a good tuning software co. LOL
cheers,
98 tigershark

Yah I guess all the good looking ones got smart and left eh? :hihi:

Yeah sad about Pontiac. Y'all dont get the G8 anymore, and we dont get the Camaro. :bawl: Though good 'ole boy Bob Lutz may get it back yet. Never say never.

98 tigershark
September 15th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Same hear with the dust, flies, bugs and cattle. It just depends where you are. Pretty much with most all of the livestock areas and I live on the line between the desert range and the rainy/snowy mountains with lots and lots of wind. Why is their not much population in the north part of OZ. Poeple that is as. I believe in them there parts are some pretty big lizards there and crocs as seen on the late great Steve Irwin's show.
In any event you Aussies and NZers are some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of working for. I also many years back, sold a swimming pool vac made out of NZ, it was a pretty nifty deal. As I recall the North Isle is almost tropical and the south Isle can be very cold.
I also heard that the NZers have either found or cloned the extinct Tasmanian tiger,
is that true? Really!!
WHat up with the mice and the crops now, thats a problem and the toads too. Can you make a living catching those toads, I heard there was a reward for them. Ever had a snake hide in your car?:help2:
98 tigershark

Blacky
December 19th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Some shots of EFILive's new offices. We should be moving in early Jan.

Regards
Paul

GAMEOVER
December 20th, 2009, 01:24 AM
some shots of efilive's new offices. We should be moving in early jan.

Regards
paul

nice!!!

gmh308
December 20th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Congrats on the big move guys. Does this mean you have to commute now Paul?

Tordne
December 20th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Congrats on the big move guys. Does this mean you have to commute now Paul?

Yeah, all ob about two minutes. He really should try and find a long way to the new office so the car actually warms up fully :)

mr.prick
December 20th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Nice carpet, which window faces the beach? :hihi:

joecar
December 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Nice layout... :cheers:

ScarabEpic22
December 20th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah, all ob about two minutes. He really should try and find a long way to the new office so the car actually warms up fully :)

Prius, gas motor would never turn on...:cucumber:

Actually a Tahoe or Escalade hybrid would be more up his alley, 6L V8, AFM, and all the hybrid goodies.:hihi:

Office looks good fellas!

Blacky
December 20th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Nice carpet, which window faces the beach? :hihi:
Beach is to the north, windows face south :(
Paul

Doc
December 20th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Congrats on the new digs. Random thought...Ever thought of attending PRI vice SEMA?

GMPX
December 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM
Thought about it, then thought about the 24 hrs travel time and figured Vegas seems a little more appealing.

Tordne
December 21st, 2009, 01:53 PM
Unless it coincides with a Shuttle launch :)

gmh308
December 21st, 2009, 10:33 PM
Unless it coincides with a Shuttle launch :)

I'd second that :).