PDA

View Full Version : Any Road Atlanta Tune tips

kwhiteside
August 29th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Looks like my tune is finally pretty close. Here's a few screen shots.

One shot actually gets 1 degree of knock retard. All the other times no knock so I'm considering that maybe I can pump up the spark advance a degree as I'm only getting 18 degrees.

Usually the wideband shows me running just a tad rich at full throttle top rpm using MAF, yet the odd thing is that the fuel trims are kicking in a tad. That is kind of a oxymoron, running rich, yet system is adding fuel because it thinks it needs to.

Left to my own after looking at it, I decided its too close to mess with.

Thought I would get your ideas.

Ken . . .

kwhiteside
August 30th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I really missed the extra pull I had with the FAST92 on there. Car ran great and logs show it is very stable now, but I just hate those C6 Vettes owning me on the straights. If I can't get more out of this tune, I'm thinking about trying the FAST intake again and going thru the tune process all over.

joecar
August 31st, 2009, 03:08 AM
You would have a "feel" for tuning now, so if you do re-install the FAST then retuning should go good.

kwhiteside
August 31st, 2009, 03:45 AM
Yes, but first I have to wonder if I should be getting more out of the current setup. At the top of fourth gear, I'm only doing 18 spark adv. Many people are getting 21-25 degrees. I imagine that would get to redline much quicker. And if it did it without knock, then my power would be back.

Another question. I've noticed sometimes during a high rpm pull I get knock and others I don't. So what if I did advance my timing in the high rpm range, say 3 degrees. Maybe sometimes it would still not knock and other times the KR would drop it down to what it needs to be. Is a little knock bad?

Then if I do go back to the FAST, there is the question of the multiplier or not. Should I instinctively change that multiplier (b4349 I think the ratio dropped from .025 down to .017) or wait and see how it runs with the new intake and same tune?

joecar
August 31st, 2009, 12:28 PM
Spark timing is a hard question... you want to set timing on the conservative side of torque/power... a dyno tuner could find best torque and set timing accordingly (set it on the lower side)... without a dyno it is hard/impossible to do.