PDA

View Full Version : sterio swap and truck wont start

pullincrazy88
August 30th, 2009, 05:11 AM
my buddy has and 05' he tried to put a head unit in it and now the tcm is messed up. it keeps giving me codes about no communication with the tcm or something about the main circuit connection mismatched. he for got to dis connect the battery when he did the swap and he pulled 2 ignition fuses out of the fuse block in the side of the dash. Truck still will not start even with the original stereo re-installed.

Could this have tried the tcm or does it just need to be reflashed? any ideas thanks

The Neens
September 1st, 2009, 03:34 PM
Try doing a "read pcm calibration" of the ecm, and possibly of the tcm...See if it will crank over after that...

minytrker
September 2nd, 2009, 01:19 AM
My firend just bought an 05, I was trying to walk him through tuning it over the phone and it wouldnt download his tune. The "only" way he could download his tune was to pull the radio fuse. The truck has an aftermarket radio in it.

SmokinDuradog
September 2nd, 2009, 01:42 AM
Aftermarket headunits:doh2: They cause so many problems. This is what has worked for me in the past I will try to list in detail.

1. Make sure that u have installed the new headunit per the directions given. The stock stero controls the theft and security on the truck so make sure they gave provisions to make that stuff work with your new headunit.

2. After you double check new head unit is properly wired up look make sure battery is diconnected.

3. Underneath the steering Column inside the truck there is a rectangular box with 5 plug ins. You will need to remove the liitle heating/cooling duct that will be in the way it has a christmas tree plastic fastner and slips into another piece of duct owrk on the other end. Just slide it out and set to the side. Once you uncover this rectangular box also know as the "BCM" (body control module) unplug the middle connector I believe it is the brown plug.

4. After you unplug it wait a few min and plug it back in.

5. Now go to the engine compartment and pull the 15A fuse labled radio and the 30A fuse labled Radio AMP. These should be the only fuses you need to pull.

6. Replace an fuses you had pulled inside the truck. Also make sure an auxilary or aftermarket stuff is off. Example lift pump etc... This will cause the battery to loose charge over short amounts of time with the key on

7.Now then hook the battery back up.

8. If the battery voltage is low hook up a battery charger while you are attempting to read date from the ECM with EFI Live.

9. Now go ahead and hook your EFI Live tool to the truck then to your PC. Then open the TUne tool. Lastly try and get the the truck to uplaod info to your PC via the green arrow top right.

10. Things to try while trying to upload are "CHEcking alt keys" and try unchecking high speed" after doing this "KEY ON" and hit the check status button.

Finally if you have tried all of this you can PM me if you like I can give you my cell phone you can call me I can possibly assist you more over the phone. Best of Luck.