PDA

View Full Version : Tire pressure monitor

sixltrbtr
August 30th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I don't think efilive can do anything about it but a friend of mine was wondering if efilive can shut the tire pressure monitor on his 07 Silverado. I can't find anything about it but was just wondering since I really don't know how to use it yet. Thanks.

minytrker
August 30th, 2009, 01:45 PM
no, you need a tech II and not sure if you can on a 07 even with a tech II

Afterhours Performance
August 30th, 2009, 02:01 PM
All the TPMS stuff is controlled by a body module, not sure if its accessible programming wise or not but i do know another way. you can make a "pressure canister"....1 piece of pvc pipe two caps and a valve stem, drill a 1/2 hole in the csp for the valve stem put all 4 sensors in pipe fill to pressure and toss in back of truck and forget:cheers:

GAMEOVER
August 30th, 2009, 05:29 PM
All the TPMS stuff is controlled by a body module, not sure if its accessible programming wise or not but i do know another way. you can make a "pressure canister"....1 piece of pvc pipe two caps and a valve stem, drill a 1/2 hole in the csp for the valve stem put all 4 sensors in pipe fill to pressure and toss in back of truck and forget:cheers:

Thats exactly what I've been doing for the last couple of months, except I use 4 small pvc tube's with schrader valve's and place one under each front seat & 2 in the rear corners...

sixltrbtr
September 4th, 2009, 09:21 AM
That's a great idea, thanks!

Brian1
September 4th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I thought of that but was told that the sensors need to rotate to wake up. So that is not the case. Just but in a canister. Pressurize to what is needed and forget about.

Brian