PDA

View Full Version : Injector and Turbo Upgrades...

LBZoom
August 30th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Hey guys,

I'll start by telling you that at the present moment I have no intention nor any funds for performing the above mentioned upgrades lol...this is for curiosity more than anything.

When you upgrade to a larger injector on a Duramax or any electronically tuned truck I suppose, what are the necessary steps required on the tuning side just to get them functioning properly? For example on the LBZ engine you can't command more than 125mm3 of fuel (you can but it won't deliver I'm told) so if you have an injector capable of delivering much more than that you essentially come down to modifying your pulse width tables and fuel pressure to get more fuel and provide adequate pressure to get a fine spray right? One thing I've noticed on my truck (LBZ) is that if I increase my fuel pressure values the truck doesn't really seem to follow them in my logs bc it still only commands what it needs rather than what I think it needs (which might be a good thing lol) at stock pulse widths. My idea was to try and get a finer spray to experiment with enhanced economy.

Also, the same question for larger turbos, singles, twins, compounds, whatever. What are the basic tuning requirements to get a smooth running system to establish a baseline to tune from? Obviously increased fuel is a must so as not to run lean and maximize potential. My thinking is that with a larger turbo you may need a little more fuel down low to get it/them spooling and that it won't hurt efficiency too bad if your AFR is halfway decent...am I correct? Like I said these are just things I'm curious about for future reference. Thanks for the help guys! :cheers: