PDA

View Full Version : wide band issues

smslyguy
August 31st, 2009, 06:52 AM
i bought a lc1 wideband with the gauge and the gauge is reading all over the place. at idle it is reading afr of anywheres from 9-11 and in p.e mode it reads anywhere from 8 yes 8-11. no i don;t have an exhaust leak. My ? is if it was actually reading 8 wouldn't the car be hesitating with black smoke?? The car runs great in p.e mode really pulls. also when driving at cruising speeds it is reading an afr of anywhere's from 15-21.9.

Is this common to be reading all over the board like this with the lc1 and gauge? I did follow the instructions on calibrating the lc1 as well.

mr.prick
August 31st, 2009, 10:26 AM
Make sure the selected fuel type is set to what you are running with the LC-1.
If you added 15% to the whole VE table like the AutoVE tutorial says to,
this may be why you are rich. (if you really are)

smslyguy
August 31st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Make sure the selected fuel type is set to what you are running with the LC-1.
If you added 15% to the whole VE table like the AutoVE tutorial says to,
this may be why you are rich. (if you really are)

it is set to the fuel type i am running and no i did not add 15%to the v.e table. I really don't beleive i am running rich there is no black smoke in p.e mode and i would think at 8 afr there would not only be smoke, but hesitating as well.

mr.prick
August 31st, 2009, 11:16 AM
Did you program the analog outs?
Is CAT protection or DFCO on, does changing the tune have an affect on AFR?

joecar
August 31st, 2009, 01:34 PM
Also: did you do both heater calibration and free air calibration...?

Ira
August 31st, 2009, 06:49 PM
i bought a lc1 wideband with the gauge and the gauge is reading all over the place.

Did you buy the XD16 or one of the others. The XD16 works just fine, if you connect one of the other ones to the wrong wire, you'll get exactly what you're seeing. Try using the other analog out.

Ira

smslyguy
September 1st, 2009, 01:13 AM
I figured out my problem. On the cd that came with the lc1 it state to do a 3 second free air and on the paper work it states to do a 30 sec free air test, i of course used the cd and only did the 3 sec. Now after goin back and recailabrating it it works just fine. Just wanted to through this out there incase someone else has the same problem, thanks for all the responses.