PDA

View Full Version : LMM OS 12628594 boost tables

GMPX
September 1st, 2009, 11:09 AM
Hi All,

Just to let you know that I found an error in our .calz files for the desired boost table {B2206}, it's not actually modifying the correct table.
I will fix this for the next update.
Sorry if this has had you wondering where all that boost has gone!!

Cheers,
Ross

fire0021
September 4th, 2009, 09:51 AM
does this only affect the 8594 os ?

GMPX
September 4th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Yes

JoshH
September 14th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I was wondering why I had to use the minimum vane position tables to make boost on my dad's LMM. Thanks for the info.

Dtuner
September 26th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Hello Ross.
I have not been on the Forum in a while, have been busy with the Hydrogen fuel on Demand, that is going well, doubling fuel mileage, and reducing emmissions, Problem at hand local Gm dealer called me in , for a 08 LMM they had installed a new DIC, they also did recent Tech 2 updates,when told not to. young Tech did not know.DPF was off, It is now in reduced power mode, I reflashed it with same tune in my 08 LMM. engine starts, after 30secs, back to reduced power mode at idle. it can be driven for approx 1 mile and limp mode goes away. till the next stop,and back tp limp mode at idle. do you have any ideas. I been away from the tuning so long ,I'm a little rusty.correction alot rusty.I appreciate any Help..... Rick. EMAIL= Rick@HPRND.com

It was requested the .tun file be removed as an attachment.

GMPX
September 27th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Did you full flash the old tune back in?
You also need to check DTC's when it goes in to reduced power to give yourself some idea on what it is complaining about.

Dtuner
September 27th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Yes I did do a full flash. when I check for DTCs my EFI v2 tells me the controller is not compatible, Yet I can clear the DTC check engine light and and get it out of reduced power mode.while engine is running. and intermittently at idle it will. put itself back in Limp mode. is their any EFI updates I need to dowmload to be able to look at the DTCs when working with the LMM.. LBZ and all earlier models work ok. I can read the DTCs..with them. That tune is Nicks tune. it runs well with the hydrogen. 0 smoke... 25Mpg local. 32mpg hwy.. 450rwp on the dyno with my 08 LMM.:cheers:

Thanks for your time and Help Rick

fire0021
September 27th, 2009, 01:58 PM
you should make sure you have the latest updates installed as well as boot block and firm ware for your v2. its all available on the main efi page

Dtuner
September 27th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks fire, I WILL DO THAT..didn't even think of it ..because it's set to get automatic updates..... Rick www.hprnd.com

ChinkyChris
September 29th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Did this boost table get fixed already?

GMPX
September 29th, 2009, 11:00 AM
We are currently in testing for an all new full install release, this should be out within the week. The fixed boost tables are in that update.

Cheers,
Ross

ChinkyChris
September 30th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Cool Thanks!!

ChinkyChris
October 6th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Anything new on this release? I hope testing is going well...

GMPX
October 6th, 2009, 08:48 AM
It was posted over the weekend.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12014

Cheers,
Ross

ChinkyChris
October 6th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Oh ok...Sorry about that

killerbee
November 5th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I am using the new calz, but my boost, both act and desired, are higher than B2206 predicts. 5-10 psi higher.

Vertical scaling?

bballer182
November 5th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Could it be referencing B2235 and not 2206. I noticed that the desired boost is about 5-10 psi higher in 2235 than it is in 2206.

killerbee
November 5th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I have figured out to ditto the transient tables, so not in this case. For some reason I can't track down commanded boost is higher than the table values. This is assuming I don't have an mm3 problem. Is it possible that GM. MAIN1Q is not correct for the vertical?

bballer182
November 5th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I have figured out to ditto the transient tables, so not in this case. For some reason I can't track down commanded boost is higher than the table values. This is assuming I don't have an mm3 problem. Is it possible that GM. MAIN1Q is not correct for the vertical?

oh as in scaling? possible....

killerbee
November 5th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Right. I am suspicious that vertical scaling is incorrect, or...

On a side note, it is interesting that one or 2 commercial tuners that I looked at had no boost adjustment.

bballer182
November 6th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Right. I am suspicious that vertical scaling is incorrect, or...

On a side note, it is interesting that one or 2 commercial tuners that I looked at had no boost adjustment.

what?! really? thats a bit odd....

killerbee
November 6th, 2009, 03:08 AM
I am guessing it might make some sense to Ross now, relevant to this thread.

killerbee
September 28th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Has this been updated? Boost is still a lost parameter.

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I found an error in our .calz files for the desired boost table {B2206}, it's not actually modifying the correct table.
I will fix this for the next update.
Sorry if this has had you wondering where all that boost has gone!!

Cheers,
Ross