PDA

View Full Version : Program PCM Window Size

husker_diesel
September 4th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Hello all.. As strange as this may seem, I was wondering if there could be a small change to the EFI Tune 7.5 software to make the size of this window smaller....

http://store.huskerdiesel.com/images/uploads/tuneload.JPG

I recently got a Dell Mini 10 to do some mobile tuning, and the resolution of the screen is not big enough to fit that window in. The Read PCM window is fine, but the Load PCM window is just too big. If it it could be scaled down, or able to be moved, it would be a big help.

Cheers! :cheers:

Jess

MyM8V8
September 4th, 2009, 07:32 AM
+1.

I have a small screen too. The mini lap is great for flashing and logging in car, but I have the same problem.

GMPX
September 4th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Interesting, I suppose we never thought of this situation with these new mini laptops. Many releases ago we used to allow the window to be moved and resized, but what would happen is when you were moving the window, Windows would actually stop whatever was happening (eg programming!) so we made it a fixed window.

Does anybody know what the screen size is on these mini laptops?

Blacky
September 4th, 2009, 09:54 AM
That window is 600 pixels high and 632 wide.
I have an HP mini and its screen size is 1024x600
I have my task bar set to auto hide and placed along the left edge of the screen instead of the bottom. That gives me the full 600 pixels of height.

What height is your screen in pixels?
Right click on the desktop and select Properties, then click on the [Advanced] tab page to see the resolution.

Regards
Paul

MyM8V8
September 4th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Increasing the resolution does not help on mine. However, what it does is enable the screen to be able to be scrolled up and down.

On mine the auto hide fixed it anyway.. Many thanks.

husker_diesel
September 4th, 2009, 01:33 PM
My Dell Mini 10 is 1024 x 526 at max resolution. Even with the taskbar hidden (which was my first thought to this solution, before I made this post) the window is still too large.

husker_diesel
September 8th, 2009, 08:12 AM
any more ideas on this guys??

GMPX
September 8th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I'm not sure there is going to be much we can do, we need to show that much info, works for majority of users. As I mentioned in the post above we can't allow it to be resized as Windows will halt the reflash process whilst you are adjusting the window.

I plan on picking up a few of those Dell Mini's at SEMA, we'll try something after we have one to play with.

Blacky
September 8th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I tried shrinking the text display window so that the window fits in 520 pixels. I think it will work ok. I've added that update to the latest beta release. If we get the ok from the testers then I'll make it permanent in the next release.

Regards
Paul

MMLMM
September 8th, 2009, 12:32 PM
im looking at minis as i saw this lol. note to self, get 600 size or bigger :hihi:

I wouldnt mind if the black window area was a little thinner as I only read about have the info in there as anything is flashing and you can go back and read anyway. I would however rather it be fixed though. I forsee plenty of people having issues if they can resize it them selves or it pauses a flash.

GMPX
September 8th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I tried shrinking the text display window so that the window fits in 520 pixels. I think it will work ok. I've added that update to the latest beta release. If we get the ok from the testers then I'll make it permanent in the next release.

Regards
Paul
I'll climb back in my box now :angel_innocent:

husker_diesel
September 9th, 2009, 02:22 AM
I'll climb back in my box now :angel_innocent:

good luck..... lol :secret: