PDA

View Full Version : another emergancy help thread

nonnieselman
September 5th, 2009, 11:08 AM
hey guys,
i was doin a little tuning on a 01 Dmax today. i had someone help me on a simple 100hp tune. flashed it and went for a test drive. ran good, he wanted just a ta bit of smoke so i added a lil fuel and on the reflash it kept giving me a bootloader error. so i had to walk 2 miles to the house to get my truck and tow him.
nothing i tried would work.

i need help.

truck wont crank and i tried a full flash. then i found another pcm in my shop out of a 02 1500 4.8 gas. i attempted a full flash of the LB7 tune with no luck.

what do i do now?

nonnieselman
September 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
im on my cell phone so if anybody know what i should do and is feeling very helpful please email me nonnieselman@yahoo.com
i recieve these emails on my phone..

thanks guys.

GMPX
September 5th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Not a good situation, unfortunately it was Sunday morning (here) when you posted this, I've just by chance checked the forum tonight.

Not sure how you went today, but just try the usual stuff.

Any aftermarket radio's etc, pull the radio fuse if yes.
Pull the battery for 10 seconds, try again. At the same time restart the PC.

Cheers
Ross

P.S - A gas ECM won't work in the Duramax, the case is the same, that is about it.

GMC-2002-Dmax
September 5th, 2009, 11:56 PM
hey guys,
i was doin a little tuning on a 01 Dmax today. i had someone help me on a simple 100hp tune. flashed it and went for a test drive. ran good, he wanted just a ta bit of smoke so i added a lil fuel and on the reflash it kept giving me a bootloader error. so i had to walk 2 miles to the house to get my truck and tow him.
nothing i tried would work.

i need help.

truck wont crank and i tried a full flash. then i found another pcm in my shop out of a 02 1500 4.8 gas. i attempted a full flash of the LB7 tune with no luck.

what do i do now?

2001 trucks can sometimes fail on a flash if the door is open, they also can be picky if you have a 2001 with ON-STAR, I know efi-live issues shut-up commands but 2001's seem to have minds of their own.

:doh2:

I always suggest 2001 owners upgrade to 2002 OS 15186006 and full flash to that OS, it is more stable and the 2001's run just fine on that 2002 OS.

:rockon:

nonnieselman
September 6th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Not a good situation, unfortunately it was Sunday morning (here) when you posted this, I've just by chance checked the forum tonight.

Not sure how you went today, but just try the usual stuff.

Any aftermarket radio's etc, pull the radio fuse if yes.
Pull the battery for 10 seconds, try again. At the same time restart the PC.

Cheers
Ross

P.S - A gas ECM won't work in the Duramax, the case is the same, that is about it.

ive tried all that, i think the PCM is just dead.

2001 trucks can sometimes fail on a flash if the door is open, they also can be picky if you have a 2001 with ON-STAR, I know efi-live issues shut-up commands but 2001's seem to have minds of their own.

:doh2:

I always suggest 2001 owners upgrade to 2002 OS 15186006 and full flash to that OS, it is more stable and the 2001's run just fine on that 2002 OS.

:rockon:

Ill be either finding a 02 ECM or a 01ECM and upgrading to the 02 OS you just mentioned.

when i try to connect the scan tool it gives me error response $31, and it gives me bootloader reject on a flash. ive tried everything mentioned above as well as everything Justin G suggested.

So the truck is sitting at my house until i can find a freaking ECM now. all the junkyards are closed tomorrow and im leaving tuesday morning goin out of town. so this really sucks.

If anybody has a 01-03? ECM and wouldnt mine helping me out, ill send money.

GMPX
September 6th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I'm more concerned that it seems from what you said that it's in this state after doing calibration only flashes, that doesn't make sense. You should always be able to recover an ECM if it's only failed on a calibration flash.
Killerbee on this forum appears to sell ECM's -
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=11325

nonnieselman
September 8th, 2009, 03:28 AM
everything ive tried still gives me a bootloader reject and it says the calibration is missing.

i tuned on a friends procharged truck yesterday and it worked. so that rules out my box or laptop?

will a 01-04 pcm work? i can just change it to a 02 OS?

theres not any 01 PCMs in mississippi :(
found a 04 and thats it so far.

nonnieselman
September 8th, 2009, 12:38 PM
found a 02 pcm and ordered it.. it should be in thursday.

projectblackbird
September 8th, 2009, 12:56 PM
hey john i been looking for at lucas. were ya been

nonnieselman
September 9th, 2009, 09:41 AM
who is this?

projectblackbird
September 9th, 2009, 01:26 PM
i met you at lucas one friday night and was going to get you to tune my car! i was running a white 69 nova white a black cowl hood

projectblackbird
September 9th, 2009, 01:26 PM
lost your number

nonnieselman
September 9th, 2009, 01:42 PM
lost your number

ahhh ok.. i remember ya!

havent gone to Lucas much, their timing system has never worked right so it was just wasting my time.

so you get EFI Live?

hit me up sometime

601-421-4636
nonnieselman@yahoo.com

projectblackbird
September 9th, 2009, 01:46 PM
:rippedhand:yeah i got efi live after i got a really bad tune that the tuner swears is right.

nonnieselman
September 9th, 2009, 01:52 PM
:rippedhand:yeah i got efi live after i got a really bad tune that the tuner swears is right.

text me or gimme a call sometime. im workin in Indiana this week but ill be home friday.

projectblackbird
September 9th, 2009, 01:55 PM
will do! cause i need all the pointers i can get and i still want that nitrous plate if you still have it

nonnieselman
September 9th, 2009, 01:57 PM
im buiding a S10 so its goin to have both plates stacked on it.. ill let ya know what i can find tho.

projectblackbird
September 9th, 2009, 02:04 PM
good luck with that! i've seen plates stacked before, but i've never tried it. that scares me! lol