PDA

View Full Version : This is total BS - stuck in dead poll mode.

Mr. P.
September 8th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I am going to save venting over 3+ hrs of frustration.

The problem I have arrived at is: my flashscan is stuck in dead poll mode; the EFILive Control Panel reports that the boot block is 2.05.04, and the firmware is 2.06.12. When clicking the "update boot block" button the control panel software refuses saying that this operation cannot be done while the flashscan is in dead poll mode.

How do I get the latest boot block onto my flashscan?

Mr. P.

ScarabEpic22
September 8th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I think you might have done them in the wrong order...you need to have the proper boot block before upgrading the firmware.

Use EFILive Explorer and program boot block by going to F12: Firmware, clicking Browse, make sure the file path is Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware\Boot Block\FSBootV2_06_02.efw . Thats the boot block you need to program in, click Open. Now, check to make sure the Boot Block check box is checked and hit Program. Once the V2 has entered dead poll mode again, go back and select the firmware file that is in Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware\FSProgV2_06_15.efw . Hit Program and you should be set with Boot Block 2.06.02 and FW 2.06.12

Mr. P.
September 8th, 2009, 08:25 PM
OK thanks for the encouragement and suggestion; I was able to use EFILive Explorer to roll-back the firmware level, then apply the latest boot block, then apply the latest firmware.

In the future I suggest the tools not allow the user (me!) to make this kind of mistake again, applying a firmware version beyond what the boot block can support.

Mr. P.

ScarabEpic22
September 9th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Believe me its been discussed by the higher ups, pretty sure the reason its not locked out is because with all the beta testing going on people were reverting to different boot blocks and fw's more often than what will be necessary once BBR and BBF are complete.

Glad to hear you got this problem tackled, got COS3 to work yet?

joecar
September 9th, 2009, 08:49 AM
More information (after the fact), see attached.

So you're at bootblock 2.06.02 and firmware 2.06.12 now...?

Mr. P.
September 9th, 2009, 09:35 AM
...So you're at bootblock 2.06.02 and firmware 2.06.12 now...?

Yes. I am leaving in a few minutes to see if I can flash COS3 to my PCM...

Mr. P. :)