PDA

View Full Version : Attempted a VVE and Disconnecting the MAF Killed the Engine

MN C5
September 9th, 2009, 10:03 AM
It would run for about 5 minutes go into reduced power mode, stall and not restart. I ended up reflashing it on the side of the freeway and hooking the MAF back up to get it home. It runs ok with the MAF hooked up but I want to dial in the VVE table.

I attached my two bar tune if someone is able to tell me where I went off track with the tune.

GMPX
September 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM
You know the IAT sensor is part of the MAF?

MN C5
September 9th, 2009, 01:34 PM
You know the IAT sensor is part of the MAF?

Yes, my IAT was relocated as part of the Supercharger install.

MN C5
September 10th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Tried again today, no such luck. It puked after about 1.5 miles into reduced power mode. It also threw a MAP P0106 performance code as part of the reduced power mode. I went through the tutorial and think the tune has everything covered ":doh2:" obviously I must be missing something.

ScarabEpic22
September 10th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Random but thinking out loud here, do you have another OS you could full flash and try? Might be worth a shot, and you're an E38 right?

MN C5
September 10th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Random but thinking out loud here, do you have another OS you could full flash and try? Might be worth a shot, and you're an E38 right?

I do have another OS I can flash, its worth a try.

MN C5
September 26th, 2009, 05:22 AM
I do have another OS I can flash, its worth a try.

Flashed the new OS and everything works fine. Weird, but he11 it runs great now. Removing the MAF from the intake track moved the boost up 2psi from the 18.8 I was running.:rockon:

ScarabEpic22
September 26th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Flashed the new OS and everything works fine. Weird, but he11 it runs great now. Removing the MAF from the intake track moved the boost up 2psi from the 18.8 I was running.:rockon:

Weird, glad ya tried that though, took a little bit of time on the PC vs ripping the truck apart for no reason!

For reference, could you post up the OS that didnt work and the OS that did?