PDA

View Full Version : call me stupid, but I need a liitle help

white96
September 10th, 2009, 03:17 PM
so I have a 1991 GMC Sierra with a tired 5.7. I have a 2007 4.8 v8 to put in it. I am going to control the ignition with an MSD ignition controller. I know edelbrock makes a carb intake for the ls engine. I am thinking of keeping my tbi ecm and using the edelbrock intake with a 700 cfm throttle body. I just need to learn how to tune the factory tbi ecm to run the 4.8 with the 700 cfm tbi.
I know these computers are easy to manipulate but I have never done it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

ScarabEpic22
September 10th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Well you'll need to use EFILive V4 to tune the 91 ECM. Honestly you're probably better off buying a V2 and wiring the engine up using the factory PCM (probably an LS1 as its an 07). Be super easy, the LS1 PCMs have a lot of tables and are pieces of cake to do standalone swaps with.

white96
September 11th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I thought about that but I don't want to deal with the wiring and the tuning. I can do it. I currently have a 1996 jimmy with a 04 4.8 that I built and wired and it runs great. I have just heard great stuff about the msd dis controller for the ls engines and I believe the tach signal from the msd would run the 1991 ecm input signal. I think it would run pretty good with a 700 cfm tbi and some 40 lb injectors. My problem is that I have never tuned anything that needed chips to be burned. I have owned a civic with a Wolf 3d stand alone and a vw with a halltech standalone and those I could tune but I wanted to try the TBI thing. If you have a good link with information to get me started I would be greatly appreciated.