PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Camaro Disabling AFM

Tommy
September 11th, 2009, 07:36 AM
I have the Camaro SS with the 6 speed auto tranny.

I am a tuning virgin, never done it before, so please be gentle with me.

All I want to do is disable the AFM (Active Fuel Management) feature. That is all I want to do, nothing else.

So, 1) which EFILive device do I need and 2) how easy is it for a total beginner to do this?

Thanks!

ScarabEpic22
September 11th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Welcome Tommy!

You will need a FlashScan V2 to tune your Camaro. It shouldnt be that hard if all you want to do is disable AFM. But I imagine eventually you'll look at tuning it completely haha!

Honestly if all you want to do is turn AFM off you might be better off having a shop doing it for you for half the price. Just another option.

GMPX
September 11th, 2009, 10:38 AM
I tend to agree with you Erik, if all you want is AFM off then it will be much cheaper for you to get a shop to do it. It's a very simple process.

cme265
September 11th, 2009, 10:50 AM
and if you dont have a shop close to you post up what city/state you live in, might find some one willing to hook you up for a license fee plus a few $$:cheers:

Tommy
September 11th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Hey thanks guys!

I'm in Jackson, Tennessee. I frequently visit Memphis and Nashville, though. Have car, will travel....

Have a great weekend.

8100 Power
September 14th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Hey thanks guys!

I'm in Jackson, Tennessee. I frequently visit Memphis and Nashville, though. Have car, will travel....

Have a great weekend.

I'm from Waynesboro(google it lol). Maybe I can help you out soon.

My brother has a 2010 SS also.