PDA

View Full Version : 4L80 no tcc lock up

E.R. Racing
September 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I have a 2000 carryover 3500 pickup. I built a mild 383 with a small camshaft, and ported stock heads. When I first put the engine in the truck, the tcc worked like it was supposed to, but I had a very lean condition due to the engine modifications. Before getting it tuned, I turned up the fuel pressure to help with the lean condition, and ever since, the pcm doesn't command tcc. Thinking it was just going to be a tune issue, and something to do with fuel trim, I had the truck tuned, and now it still doesn't command tcc. After an ignition cycle, it will lock up one time, but none more thereafter. The guy tuning disabled misfire codes, disabled fuel trim codes, and disabled o2 codes. It will lock up when commanded with a tech 2, but not on it's own. I don't know anything about tuning computers, and the guy doing the tuning has never ran into this sort of thing. Any ideas or suggetions?

joecar
September 13th, 2009, 05:42 AM
E.R.R, welcome to the forum...:cheers:

Log these pids: TSTATE00, 01, 03, 09, 10, 12.

Also log: TCCMODE, TCCDC.

the TSTATE pids should reveal the reason why the TCC is not being locked
(on the PIDs tab, do rightclick->More Info on each one to see what the bits mean).

joecar
October 7th, 2009, 02:52 AM
He can't unplug the TCC because the TCC solenoid wire is included with all the other wires in a single connector...

If he unplugs the connector, the trans will be stuck in one gear with max pressure (limp mode) and with no TCC function.

joecar
October 7th, 2009, 02:54 AM
D.Etefs welcome to the forum... :)

What car do you have, and which model of EFILive do you have...?

E.R. Racing
October 13th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Ok, pids 09, 10, and 12 can't be looked at with my pcm. The more searching that I've done, the more I think that the problem lies in the misfire tables, which I can't view/change, either. Is there an updated, or any additional software that includes misfire tables for my pcm?

joecar
October 13th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Which PCM part number do you have...?

Which OS are you running...?

Not all PCMs/OSs have all the pids, but I don't know which ones... but we can ask someone here who will know.

E.R. Racing
October 13th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Which PCM part number do you have...?

Which OS are you running...?

Not all PCMs/OSs have all the pids, but I don't know which ones... but we can ask someone here who will know.
I believe it is the latest software. 16263494 is the pcm p/n

joecar
October 13th, 2009, 02:09 PM
If PCM detects misfires it will disable TCC lock up.

I contacted Tech Support to find out what your OS/PCM abilities are.

When you open the tunetool, goto View->Show Calibration Window and see what the OS it says (in the upper right box).

E.R. Racing
October 13th, 2009, 02:13 PM
If PCM detects misfires it will disable TCC lock up.

I contacted Tech Support to find out what your OS/PCM abilities are.

When you open the tunetool, goto View->Show Calibration Window and see what the OS it says (in the upper right box).I'll call the tuner tomorrow and get that info.

Thanks for the help!

joecar
October 13th, 2009, 02:16 PM
OK, we'll be here, you're welcome.

GMPX
October 13th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Given this is in the Vortec section I'm guessing you have the 'black box' PCM. If the PID's don't validate then the PCM doesn't support them I'm afraid.