PDA

View Full Version : Trouble loading DSP5 Tune

Dmaxx 02
September 13th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I made a mistake when loading my DSP5 tune as I did not load it using the full flash mode. When driving I could not switch the tunes. Was just set on one tune only. When I went to do the full flash I received an error message and it could not do the reflash. I tried it again without using the High Speed setting and I clicked the Alt Keys button. It then got hung on "retrying previous boot code" for over 40 minutes. I had to stop the process and now when trying to reload the stock configuration it cannot read the ECM. Am I screwed with a bad ECM now???

Thanks,

Devin

GMPX
September 13th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Devin, you should be ok to re-try.
Not sure what the trouble is, but maybe try pulling the battery for 30 seconds and restart the PC.

Dmaxx 02
September 14th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Well unfortunately I tried this an no luck. Still says the ECM is in an unknown state. It's missing the calibration. Any other ideas?

EFI Live gave me the warning not to interupt the full flash but what are you supposed to do when it's just hanging on a step for over 40 minutes??? Arrgg.

Thanks anyone for your advice.

Devin

GMPX
September 14th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Ok, you will get the warning that it is missing the calibration (as it is), but you should be able to just click past that and the tune will then go in.

When you tried the full flash, did it get anywhere? Like part way, or didn't even start?

Dmaxx 02
September 14th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Yes it allows me to get past the warning section but then it rejects the bootlegger strap? portion. It stops there.

When I tried the full flash the 1st time it got to 9K and hung at the "retrying boot code" portion. That's where I stopped it after 43min.

I sent my bug files to Paul in hopes he can determine if my ECM is dead. I'm curious if this is the same issue that was posted a few months ago when the new version came out. I had problems with the drivers not being loaded and had to do some work there before I could even get my V2 to communicate with my PC.

Ok, you will get the warning that it is missing the calibration (as it is), but you should be able to just click past that and the tune will then go in.

When you tried the full flash, did it get anywhere? Like part way, or didn't even start?

GMPX
September 14th, 2009, 04:01 PM
When I tried the full flash the 1st time it got to 9K and hung at the "retrying boot code" portion. That's where I stopped it after 43min.If it only got that far and froze then sorry to say but the ECM is dead. Have you always had trouble programming that truck?

Dmaxx 02
September 14th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I have done the full flash in the past with a single tune with no problems. It was only this time with the DSP5 tune and me upgrading to the new EFI Live version.

If it only got that far and froze then sorry to say but the ECM is dead. Have you always had trouble programming that truck?