PDA

View Full Version : Low sulfur diesel fuel

LIL DAVE
September 13th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Hey guys i just did a complete DPF,DOC,& EGR blocker delete turned off all codes regarding DPF,DOC & EGR I even gave the truck a lopy idle which sounds great:cucumber: my question is can i run LSD fuel in my engine? I have a 2008 LMM 3500 hd the reason i asked is because LSD fuel has more sulfur or lubricate in it which is better for the injectors & injection pump

ScarabEpic22
September 14th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Like the 10-15ppm ultra low sulfur diesel thats available everywhere? Your truck is designed to run on ULSD especially with a DPF (even though thats removed now)...here in WA and ID I havent seen anything but ULSD since 2007 when the mandated implementation began.

So yes, you will be fine.

Cougar281
September 14th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Like the 10-15ppm ultra low sulfur diesel thats available everywhere? Your truck is designed to run on ULSD especially with a DPF (even though thats removed now)...here in WA and ID I havent seen anything but ULSD since 2007 when the mandated implementation began.

So yes, you will be fine.

The only reason the truck was "designed" for ULSD is that stupid POS DPF. With it gone, you can run whatever you want in it. The ULSD is JUNK. I run LSD every time I see it (and I actually have seen it at a few truck stops). I'd even run "high" sulfer fuel if I could find it. The higher the sulfer content, the better the fuel will lubricate things like the CP3 that need that lubrication to survive.

bballer182
September 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
The only reason the truck was "designed" for ULSD is that stupid POS DPF. With it gone, you can run whatever you want in it. The ULSD is JUNK. I run LSD every time I see it (and I actually have seen it at a few truck stops). I'd even run "high" sulfer fuel if I could find it. The higher the sulfer content, the better the fuel will lubricate things like the CP3 that need that lubrication to survive.

#2 home heating oil here. same as LSD. ULSD is terrible for the engines.

ScarabEpic22
September 14th, 2009, 06:31 PM

I figured it was designed for ULSD to deal with the DPF, didnt know you could run whatever after its in the trash. Good to know, Im not a big diesel guy although I envisioned a 4.5L Dmax swap into a mid-70s C10 pickup...bummer its not being produced.