PDA

View Full Version : Version 7.3

jamesbond2509
October 15th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Im having trouble installing version 7. I erased the old files and unzipped the new files into the existing directory. This is not working . SOS!!!!!

NviouSS
October 15th, 2005, 02:58 PM
i had the same problem. black02ss helped me out and got me fixed up.

Blacky
October 15th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Im having trouble installing version 7. I erased the old files and unzipped the new files into the existing directory. This is not working . SOS!!!!!

Don't erase any files from the existing EFILive V7.2.x installation. The V7.3 update only includes the files that have changed.

If you have uninstalled V7.2.x or deleted any V7.2.x files, then please re-run the V7.2.x intallation from the installation CD and select the [Repair] option. Then perform the V7.3 update as per these instructions (without deleting or unistalling anything first).
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_730.html

P.S. I have now changed the V7.3 installation instructions to inlcude that warning.

Regards
Paul

Black02SS
October 15th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Paul,
It appeared that in NviouSS's situtation that Norton Anti-Virus was changing the gm_enhanced.prn file. We had to manually exit Norton and make sure it wasn't runing. After that it installed flawlessly.

Blacky
October 15th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Paul,
It appeared that in NviouSS's situtation that Norton Anti-Virus was changing the gm_enhanced.prn file. We had to manually exit Norton and make sure it wasn't runing. After that it installed flawlessly.

That's annoying. I guess Norton is getting a false positive on that file as a virus. I can assure everyone that gm)enhanced.prn is not a virus and does not carry any viral code. It has been checked with NOD32.

In other news, I highly recommend NOD32 (www.eset.com) for virus software, it is by far the best virus software I have ever used - and I have used most of the "big" names.
It is easy to configure, extrememly fast, accurate (never failed), and very unobtrusive and has never caused me a single problem on any of our PCs.
It is network enabled so that the server is updated from Eset and all the other PCs on the network are updated from the server. It is usually updated once per day sometimes more often.

I highly recommend using it. I would not go back to Norton, McAfee or any of the other "popular" AV packages after using NOD32.

Regards
Paul

jamesbond2509
October 15th, 2005, 07:14 PM
i've reinstalled the previous version and now i am about to download V7.3. can I extract all the files onto c:/program files/efilive/v7. I noticed the software created some directories in "my documents" as well. What is the best way to do this. Earlier in the day parts of the software existed in both locations and the scanner dashboard was not work.

please advise

Thanks

NviouSS
October 15th, 2005, 08:29 PM
dbl click the pre-release folder to open it
hilight everything EXTEPT USER CONFIGURAION
right click - copy

open programs/efi live/v7
right click, paste
click yes to all to overwrite existing files

go back to the pre-relese folder
right click user configuration
open my documents/efilive/v7
right click anywhere in folder, paste
click yes to overwrite

(download the efilive_stock_cal_20051004 if you haven't already)
open the stock cal folder
highlight all files, right click, copy
open programs/efi live/v7
right click anywhere, paste

once you get that done, v7.3 should be running. hope that helps.

jamesbond2509
October 16th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Its up and running thanks for your quick response!