PDA

View Full Version : Uploaded Tune But Nothin Changed

Caper01
September 14th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Heres the problem...I just got EFI a couple days ago and today took my stock ECM off and saved it. Opened the modified tune file and hit the red arrow. I had to do the ECM liscening and that, and kept going. Turned the truck off for 15sec then started it. Truck still has the stock ECM. So to make sure I re-downloaded the ECM and its still the stock one. So whats the problem? I've opened the modified file and tried to upload it 3 times now and no luck. Here is a display picture of when I finish "uploading" the modified tune. Thanks guys.

GMPX
September 14th, 2009, 08:57 AM
That has flashed the tune in. How are you determining that it hasn't?

Caper01
September 14th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I think I just picked up that maybe it is. I got a tune that has my vanes adjusted to make that cool whistle sound at idle...I don't hear it, sounds stock. But when I download the ECM now, and goto my vane position tables, I see that they arn't the stock settings, in the min to high alt settings from mm3-5 to mm3-15, 120rpm to 800 rpm are set to 10, compared to the stock 85.

Caper01
September 15th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Another question...I see there is a boost guage for the LBZ but when I open it so I can use it with the scan tool, there is a line though it. I searched the internet and a fourm said that you had to create the PID for it? "{GM.BOOST2_DMA.psi}-{SAE.BARO.psi}" If that makes sence...I tried to trouble shoot it with the help pdf files in EFI Live but no idea how to do it.

joecar
September 15th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Another question...I see there is a boost guage for the LBZ but when I open it so I can use it with the scan tool, there is a line though it. I searched the internet and a fourm said that you had to create the PID for it? "{GM.BOOST2_DMA.psi}-{SAE.BARO.psi}" If that makes sence...I tried to trouble shoot it with the help pdf files in EFI Live but no idea how to do it.Post your calc_pids.txt file here, someone will edit it for you...

(located under My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration)

And welcome to the forum...:cheers:

Caper01
September 15th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Heres the file, and thank you. I thought I was pretty computer smart but this EFI Live seems to be more of a handful than I expected....guess with time I should be able to learn it well. Thanks for the help. :cheers:

joecar
September 15th, 2009, 07:30 AM
What do you want that pid to be called...?

Caper01
September 15th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Whatever....Trubo boost?

joecar
September 15th, 2009, 08:00 AM
How bout Manifold Boost, would that be ok...?

Copy attached file back to My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration overwrite the original.

Then start the scantool, goto PIDs tab, click on "Parameter" column to sort alphabetically on that column, look for CALC.BOOST.

Caper01
September 15th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Did you have to type that out to get that? Thanks. Try it out later tonight.

joecar
September 25th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Did it work...?

Caper01
September 26th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Yup it did. Thanks alot! Seen up to 24PSI at full boost :cheers: