PDA

View Full Version : LMM ECM replacement questions

rcr1978
September 15th, 2009, 12:57 AM
I ordered a ecm through the ECM outlet pre programmed per vin#. I found that the truck started right off after putting it in without relearning the VATS or anything I thought that was weird. The only thing I had to do was programm injector flow rates and set ign cycles in the pcm security tab to 1 thats it and everything worked fine. I wonder why I did not have to relearn the VATS? When I tried to do it in the pcm secrity tab I got a error 012 or something not sure if thats that exact error code. Any body else have to go through a VATS relearn on a LMM?

Thanks
Robert

JoshH
September 15th, 2009, 02:18 AM
I don't think I did anything different from you. I had it programmed with the VIN and correct OS and all was good. The only thing I remember doing was ignition cycles and flow rates like you.

rcr1978
September 15th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Thanks, I think VATS only has to be relearned if the ecm is used and ign cycles are at 0 on the used ecm

Trippin
September 17th, 2009, 05:26 PM
EFILive can not initiate a "VATS Relearn" for LMM.
You need to be connected to GM's data base.

GMPX
September 17th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Because they are brand new ECM's that have no prior VATS codes stored, try it on a ECM pulled from another truck, it doesn't work.
Guy, I think I knew that! I'll look in to it and see if I can get TechII to relearn the VATS on the bench.

rcr1978
September 18th, 2009, 01:10 AM
EFILive can not initiate a "VATS Relearn" for LMM.
You need to be connected to GM's data base.

:shock: I did not know that, well I guess it's a good thing I got a new one dealer visits suck. What about LBZ ecm can we do it on those?

GMPX
September 20th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I have a feeling it's a case of a certain manufacturer not following the GM spec on VATS relearn. It's the exact same procedure on all Delphi controllers.

Trippin
September 22nd, 2009, 11:18 AM
As far as I know even the Tech 2 can't initiate a VAT relearn on the Bosch LBZ/LMM ECMs without being hooked to the internet and GMs data base.

It returns the following error message:

"Ich bin nicht sprechen deutsch."

:hihi: