PDA

View Full Version : are the pre cat and post cat 02 sensors the same?

smslyguy
September 15th, 2009, 12:53 PM
are the factory pre cat 02 and post cat o2 sensors the same? Can you intermix them?

SSpdDmon
September 15th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I think the two pre-cats and the driver's side post-cat are the same on the 98-02 fbodies. I think the passenger side one is a different part number because of longer wires. It's been a while since I've checked into this...so hopefully, someone can back me up.

smslyguy
September 15th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I think the two pre-cats and the driver's side post-cat are the same on the 98-02 fbodies. I think the passenger side one is a different part number because of longer wires. It's been a while since I've checked into this...so hopefully, someone can back me up.

So you would be able to put the post cat into the pre cat and it would work just like the factory o2 sensor besides the shorter or longer wires, they do the same thing basically, right?

joecar
September 15th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I am told GM now uses the one part for all four O2 sensors for the 4th gen F-car.

joecar
September 15th, 2009, 01:18 PM
So you would be able to put the post cat into the pre cat and it would work just like the factory o2 sensor besides the shorter or longer wires, they do the same thing basically, right?Yes, if the connector plugs are the same (on the 2001 Camaro they are)...

I have done this and it works fine.

smslyguy
September 15th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Yes, if the connector plugs are the same (on the 2001 Camaro they are)...

I have done this and it works fine.

thanks for the info: