PDA

View Full Version : Question about 2-bar MAP sensor

SSpdDmon
September 15th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Can you throw a 2-bar sensor in, change the scaler/offset, and stick with the regular tune? I'm not out of MAF technically and would like to keep it. But, I would also like to get an accurate MAP reading instead of a flat 104kPa. Will the PCM freakout if I do this? If I have to run a custom OS, can I keep the MAF. It's been a while since I read up on the custom OS's.

hquick
September 15th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Yes...you can run a MAF with the COS's.
You can run CLMAF, OLMAF, OLSD or semi open/closed loop MAF or MAFLESS.
Pretty sure you can whack the 2bar in there and scale it (think that's how I started with mine). Damn....it's been so long since I had the 1bar in there....

SSpdDmon
September 16th, 2009, 03:17 PM
What about without switching to a COS? Will the PCM freak out once I get into boost?

hquick
September 16th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I don't think so.
I believe it'll just use the 105kpa column and PE for fuelling.

ls1vt209
September 17th, 2009, 02:44 AM
I ran a 2bar na mind you in COS5 for a while (Till I got off my but and replaced the sensor) and had no probs at all.

vetteboy2k
September 21st, 2009, 05:13 AM
Can you throw a 2-bar sensor in, change the scaler/offset, and stick with the regular tune? I'm not out of MAF technically and would like to keep it. But, I would also like to get an accurate MAP reading instead of a flat 104kPa. Will the PCM freakout if I do this? If I have to run a custom OS, can I keep the MAF. It's been a while since I read up on the custom OS's.
You can use a Stock O/S and a 2BAR MAP, but as you said change the scalar and the offset. The issue is, with a Stock O/S while scanning, the MAP reading will still be pegged at 105KPA once you go into boost even though you have the 2BAR MAP!

I understand that you want to run MAF and a 2BAR MAP and be able to scan and see your actual MAP reading above 105KPA. I believe a Custom O/S is the only way to go with your situation, however when I asked awhile ago I got this response.

Can a LS1 Custom OS be used where the MAF is still operational?

If the Custom OS was only designed for having NO Maf then that would be helpful to know.

The custom OS ignores the MAF and uses the MAP exclusively.

Regards
Paul

According to HQuick... running a custom O/S with 2BAR and still using the MAF is possible. Would be nice to get confirmation though.

SSpdDmon
September 21st, 2009, 05:30 AM
You can use a Stock O/S and a 2BAR MAP, but as you said change the scalar and the offset. The issue is, with a Stock O/S while scanning, the MAP reading will still be pegged at 105KPA once you go into boost even though you have the 2BAR MAP!

I understand that you want to run MAF and a 2BAR MAP and be able to scan and see your actual MAP reading above 105KPA. I believe a Custom O/S is the only way to go with your situation, however when I asked awhile ago I got this response.

Is this a "max value" issue set in the scanner? Maybe it's possible to log the MAP sensor voltage and create a custom PID?

vetteboy2k
September 21st, 2009, 05:36 AM
That could be a possibility... I will log MAP voltage next time along with MAP value and see if I can create a custom PID.

SSpdDmon
September 21st, 2009, 05:42 AM
From what I've found about the Cobalt sensor, it seems the scaler should be set to 200kPa and the offset to 8kPa (or 8.333kPa). I'm assuming it's a standard 0-5V sensor. So, I think it would be something like ("MAP.Voltage"*40)+8=MAP.kPa.