PDA

View Full Version : New guy here

BadLSX
September 16th, 2009, 12:11 PM
hi guys, my name is Jay & i just wanted to chime in & say hello to everyone here. i've been registered here for a couple of months but this is my first post. i'll be honest & say i have no idea what i'm doing with with any of my stuff yet & i'm gonna need help, a lot of it i'm sure. i had a "reputable" tuner from another forum dyno-tune my 02 Trans Am & he recommended that i buy a laptop, EFILive & a wideband for my car & he would help me fine tune it after the initial dyno tune. i did all of that & could never get ahold of the guy again.

after driving the car for a while, i felt something wasnt right with the car, mainly in the tune. i did a lot of researching, which led me to contact Doc from EFI Alchemy. i sent him a copy of the tune & he shocked me with his skills. my car was supposedly tuned in SD, which it wasnt & also wasnt really using the MAF either, the LTFT's were turned off, misfire detection was turned so high it would have never set a light & a bunch of other stuff.

Doc sent me a new tune via e-mail a few days later & i was able to load it into the car. what a difference! as soon as i started the car, i could tell a huge difference in how it idled & it drives so much better now.

i've read a lot of stuff about the FlashscanV2, but i get easily confused with everything. i just got a LC-1 to replace my LM-2 that kept freezing up on me. i want to get the LC-1 installed in the car & be capable of working with EFILive, but want to make sure i dont screw anything up. once that's all done, i would like to start trying to tune my car but dont know where to start with it. Doc did an amazing job with his mail order tune, but we all know there is always room for improvement.

anyway, sorry for the long first post but just wanted to say hello to everyone & ask for everyone to be patient with me when i ask a stupid question. i really dont know anything about this stuff yet, but have a willingness to learn it.

GAMEOVER
September 16th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Welcome to the forum BadLSX...:D
Don't be afraid to ask anything...:)

joecar
September 16th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Jay,

Welcome to the forum...:cheers:

ScarabEpic22
September 16th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Welcome man!

Hope we can help you get on track to fine tune your ride! Id recommend buying a TAQuickness serial cable for your LC1 so you dont have to deal with analog voltage offsets and everything. I think Im going to buy one tonight or tomorrow myself, cant believe I dont have one yet.

5.7ute
September 16th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Welcome to the forum Jay.
You will find there is a lot of good guys on this forum more than willing to help you out.

BadLSX
September 17th, 2009, 09:02 AM
thanks for the welcome guys. i just ordered the cable a minute ago after i searched for it

ScarabEpic22
September 17th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Go here:
TAQuickness cables (http://www.taquickness.com/taqcables.htm)