PDA

View Full Version : Version 7.3

jamesbond2509
October 16th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Well I started using 7.3 today and as I loaded my tune, I got the following message;

Engine Calibration.Fuel.Cranking
{B0106} Crank:Run Blend Ratio, was out of range when loaded.

Engine Calibration.Fuel.Mixture
{B3601} Ratio of Air to Fuel for Stoichiometry, was out of range when loaded.

The only value it would let me put in as AFR is 1! I had to reflash my PCM using 7.2 sine it would not let me put in AFR of 14.63

Please advise

Thanks

Tordne
October 16th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Check the Display Properties for AFR in the Tune tool. It can be displayed as either the actual AFR or the EQ ratio. If you are displaying the EQ ratio then 1 = 14.63 AFR.

Cheers

jamesbond2509
October 16th, 2005, 04:17 PM
I rechecked and it was AFR. My truck would not start so I reloaded 7.2 and it worked fine. SOS. I wan to use 7.3 but I need this solved.

Thanks

Blacky
October 16th, 2005, 05:07 PM
This may be the cause of the problem:

http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2053

Regards
Paul

jamesbond2509
October 17th, 2005, 02:17 PM
That fixed it. Thanks for the quick response. It makes buying the software worthwhile.

Can anyone explain this one. It only ocurred with the new version.

Transmission Calibration.Trans Pressures
{D0701} Base Pressure 1->2 Shift, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.
{D0702} Base Pressure 2->3 Shift, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.
{D0703} Base Pressure 3->4 Shift, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.

Cheers

Blacky
October 17th, 2005, 02:25 PM
The new version checks for sane values in all calibrations.
The old version did not. Those "out of range" values were simply ignored in the previous version.

Regards
Paul

ZL1Killa
October 18th, 2005, 03:34 AM

i have updated my 01 cal and tun files to the new ones and I'm still getting this and it won't let me change it. Should I switch to a different OS such as an 02??

joecar
October 18th, 2005, 04:48 AM

{D0701} Base Pressure 1->2 Shift, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.
{D0702} Base Pressure 2->3 Shift, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.
{D0703} Base Pressure 3->4 Shift, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.Cheers

These out of range values are for the Performance Mode shift pressures,
and they're out of range because your car does not use Performance Mode
and GM set them to some large value (255).
[Your truck doesn't have a Performance/Tow/Haul switch on your console, right...?].
So EFILive Tune Tool rounds the out of range values down to the maximum value that the PCM allows.

So, no worries.
:D

ZL1Killa
October 18th, 2005, 09:15 AM

i have updated my 01 cal and tun files to the new ones and I'm still getting this and it won't let me change it. Should I switch to a different OS such as an 02??

i used the 01 custom cal and 01 custom tun to update it but it didn't change anything

Blacky
October 18th, 2005, 10:35 AM

i used the 01 custom cal and 01 custom tun to update it but it didn't change anything

When you load your *.tun file what is the name, date and version of the *.cal file that is displayed in the first tab page of the PCM Info window?

The version should be V7.7 or later and the date should be Oct 04, 2005 or later.

Regards
Paul

jamesbond2509
October 18th, 2005, 01:43 PM

{D0703} Base Pressure 3->4 Shift, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.Cheers

These out of range values are for the Performance Mode shift pressures,
and they're out of range because your car does not use Performance Mode
and GM set them to some large value (255).
[Your truck doesn't have a Performance/Tow/Haul switch on your console, right...?].
So EFILive Tune Tool rounds the out of range values down to the maximum value that the PCM allows.

So, no worries.
:D

Actually I have a tow/Haul Mode. Blacky is this an issue? Please advise.

Thanks

Blacky
October 18th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Actually I have a tow/Haul Mode. Blacky is this an issue? Please advise.
Thanks

Can you please send the *.tun file (that shows the out of range values) to me at paul@efilive.com.

Thanks
Paul

Blacky
October 18th, 2005, 09:08 PM
As far as we can tell 96psi is the maximum value that can be placed in that table. After the the PCM reads the values from that table, it truncates them to between 0 and 96psi inclusive.

Has your PCM been tuned (specifically, those pressure tables) by a tool other than EFILive, or is it 100% stock? We have yet to see a stock PCM with any values higher than 96psi.

If it has been tuned with another tuning package it is possible that the values were set out of range by that package. We have tested other packages and we know that they do not enforce the correct calibration ranges.

Disclaimer: this may be a case of GM making some changes on that model, of which we are unaware. It would be prudent for you to find another similar model-year vehicle with the tow/haul mode and reading the calibration from it to see if it is the same as yours or if the values are within 0-96psi.

Just for your info:
As long as you make no changes to those tables, EFILive will leave them untouched (and out of range). If you change just one cell, then the entire table will be updated (and all cells will be coerced into the correct range).

Regards
Paul

ZL1Killa
October 19th, 2005, 08:45 AM

When you load your *.tun file what is the name, date and version of the *.cal file that is displayed in the first tab page of the PCM Info window?

The version should be V7.7 or later and the date should be Oct 04, 2005 or later.

Regards
Paul

it says N/A for both. This is on my desktop computer and I have a feeling that I just need to uninstall all of efi live from my desktop and start over.

I technically have two EFI programs on my computer, I will uninstall all of these and start over and see what happens. I didn't want to upgrade to v7.3 on my laptop yet until kinks were worked out.

jamesbond2509
October 19th, 2005, 04:15 PM
As far as we can tell 96psi is the maximum value that can be placed in that table. After the the PCM reads the values from that table, it truncates them to between 0 and 96psi inclusive.

Has your PCM been tuned (specifically, those pressure tables) by a tool other than EFILive, or is it 100% stock? We have yet to see a stock PCM with any values higher than 96psi.

If it has been tuned with another tuning package it is possible that the values were set out of range by that package. We have tested other packages and we know that they do not enforce the correct calibration ranges.

Disclaimer: this may be a case of GM making some changes on that model, of which we are unaware. It would be prudent for you to find another similar model-year vehicle with the tow/haul mode and reading the calibration from it to see if it is the same as yours or if the values are within 0-96psi.

Just for your info:
As long as you make no changes to those tables, EFILive will leave them untouched (and out of range). If you change just one cell, then the entire table will be updated (and all cells will be coerced into the correct range).

Regards
Paul

I will check with my previous tuner and advise tomorrow.

Regards

JB

Blacky
October 19th, 2005, 09:41 PM
it says N/A for both. This is on my desktop computer and I have a feeling that I just need to uninstall all of efi live from my desktop and start over.

I technically have two EFI programs on my computer, I will uninstall all of these and start over and see what happens. I didn't want to upgrade to v7.3 on my laptop yet until kinks were worked out.

N/A means they are older than the first files with version numbers. :shock: :shock: :shock:

You really should update all your *.cal files by downloading the stock cal files zip file from this page:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_os.html

And unzip all the *.cal files into the folder:
\Program files\EFILive\V7\Calibrations
overwriting any existing files.

The new *.cal files will work fine with V7.2 or V7.3.
The new *.cal files contain a lot of corrections and new tables
Regards
Paul

ZL1Killa
October 20th, 2005, 08:55 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... that was my problem.. I had gotten the new 01 cal and tun files and not the stock ones.. Thanks yall. geesh thought it was my stupid desktop computer....still gotta redo my computer tho; thats another story tho

jamesbond2509
October 20th, 2005, 04:16 PM

Just for your info:

Regards
Paul

I will check with my previous tuner and advise tomorrow.

Regards

JB

Blacky

My previous tuner is not sure about this. He has confirmed that HP tuners also shows the same message in their software but LS1 edit does not. So at this point I'll assume that 96 is the highest base pressure that can be utilized by the ECU. Please advise.

thanks

JB

Blacky
October 20th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Blacky

My previous tuner is not sure about this. He has confirmed that HP tuners also shows the same message in their software but LS1 edit does not. So at this point I'll assume that 96 is the highest base pressure that can be utilized by the ECU. Please advise.

thanks

JB

I recommend moving the values back into the 0-96psi range, the PCM limits the value to 96 anyway so having them any higher than 96 will not make any difference.

Regards
Paul