PDA

View Full Version : Flex Fuel for LS1

mr.prick
September 23rd, 2009, 02:13 PM
How about adding Flex Fuel tables to a COS for 99+LS1 F&Ybody.
The tables in OS 12216125 are similar to OS 12212165.

:secret: :blahblah:

GMPX
September 23rd, 2009, 06:21 PM
You forgot the other option in the vote, Paul and Ross don't have time to do this :sly:

mr.prick
September 23rd, 2009, 06:53 PM
1 Yes and 1 Undecided so far. :hihi:

I know there are all kinds of other priorities right now
and this PCM is ancient history but I thought it would be nice addition for the future. ;)

GMPX
October 5th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Mr Prick, it seemed like a good idea and I've thought of doing the same thing for my own Holden, but for all the man hours involved to do such a thing there is clearly not enough interest.

mr.prick
October 5th, 2009, 10:39 AM
It seems this has bombed but it would be nice to see eventually.
It's odd that only one person voted no and no one left any remarks.
How about re-opening the poll? :hihi:

I wonder if an F/Ybody can use OS 12216125.

chevy052500hd
October 24th, 2009, 07:20 AM
maybe in a stand alone, but it prolly lacks some calibrations to communicate with the other modules. Althought when converting my s10 from a vortec box to 512k pcm to 1mb pcm all worked fine, but this was all in the same platform.

Tre-Cool
July 2nd, 2014, 11:50 PM
digging up an old thread I know, but what sort of dollar figure would it take to relook at this specific os to join the custom os upgrades?

Been a few years and with the ethanol sensor's now pretty cheap at around $70 and ethanol stations springing up more and more, figured i'd ask.

I'd prefer to go this path than convert to the 1mb ecu if I could help it, especially when i'd have 4 cars to do.

GMPX
July 3rd, 2014, 10:19 AM
Won't happen, sorry. 8 people in 5 years want it.
Opening up a pandora's box, but there was one OS on the 512K PCM (12216125) that was FlexFuel from factory, but it was only trucks so it won't won't slide in to the Commodore too well.

wyochimneysweep
July 4th, 2014, 04:12 AM
I'd like to see this

GMPX
July 4th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Won't happen, sorry. 8 people in 5 years want it.

I'd like to see this

:nixweiss:

Lextech
July 5th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Been a few years and with the ethanol sensor's now pretty cheap at around $70 and ethanol stations springing up more and more, figured i'd ask.
I'd prefer to go this path than convert to the 1mb ecu if I could help it, especially when i'd have 4 cars to do.

Why not just convert one of your vehicles to the 1mb PCM and see if you like it. The 512kb and 1mb PCM pinouts are just about identical. About the only difference I have seen is the O2 sensor ground/low reference wiring. Some calibrations are set up for the low ref to return to the PCM and some get grounded through the harness. A simple deletion of codes takes care of that.

Jeff

wyochimneysweep
July 6th, 2014, 02:36 AM
is there options for us 4x guys running a 411 to get a flex fuel ecm installed?

Lextech
July 6th, 2014, 04:05 AM
I don't know about the 4x/1x engines running the 512 kB PCM. Flex Fuel was only in the 24x engines (As far as I know). I wish I had an engine test stand. It would be interesting to see if it could be figured out in HEX how to change a 24x calibration to work in a 4x engine. That would be cool if it were/is possible. That would open up Many,Many options.

Jeff

Tre-Cool
July 6th, 2014, 04:41 AM
Why not just convert one of your vehicles to the 1mb PCM and see if you like it. The 512kb and 1mb PCM pinouts are just about identical. About the only difference I have seen is the O2 sensor ground/low reference wiring. Some calibrations are set up for the low ref to return to the PCM and some get grounded through the harness. A simple deletion of codes takes care of that.

Jeff
Allready ahead of you there. I put one in my car and then found the battery was completely dead. lol. mind you I haven't driven the car in 5 months. Also need to finish off changing pulleys over for the blower.

is there options for us 4x guys running a 411 to get a flex fuel ecm installed?

There is a factory OS/CAL you can use in efilive that has flex fuel support. But... If you want flex fuel and boost 2bar support you need hpt. Unless you swap to the 1mb like I am going to test.

My main reason for doing it is for our drag cars, I already have ethanol sensors on them to keep an eye on the %, but they are boosted motors so I still need 2 bar support.

wyochimneysweep
July 6th, 2014, 04:55 AM
do you have the os/cal for flex fuel support? not boosted yet but if I do go boosted ill be going 24x

Tre-Cool
July 6th, 2014, 05:21 AM
uploaded to this thread.
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24359-Need-help-guys