PDA

View Full Version : New IAT VE Multiplier Table

GMPX
October 17th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Hello all,

Been a bit of discussion about AFR's changing with hot Intake Temps.
It has been confirmed enough times to make us do something about it.
I recently added in a new 2D table to some of the custom O.S V3's to compensate for this condition.
I plan to have all V3 O.S's patched by the time I leave for SEMA (next week on the 25th).
You will just need to full flash the new O.S in, then your existing cals from the V3 tune you are already running then change the new table.
Here's how it works.

In a nutshell it just multiplies the VE table number based on the Intake temp, it would be the same as recalibrating the VE table at 90deg or 160deg, except you just calibrate the VE within a certain window of intake temps then apply the error factor once the intake temps get up.

See the graphs below referring to the table values (bench PCM log).

NEW TABLE:
http://www.efilive.com/upload/public/GMPX/IAT_Mult.png

With IAT at 115 the VE table value is 4.000
http://www.efilive.com/upload/public/GMPX/IAT_115.png

With IAT at 172 the VE table value is 4.099
http://www.efilive.com/upload/public/GMPX/IAT_172.png

With IAT at 219 the VE table value is 4.200
http://www.efilive.com/upload/public/GMPX/IAT_219.png

With IAT at 266 the VE table value is 4.400
http://www.efilive.com/upload/public/GMPX/IAT_266.png

Cheers,
Ross

foff667
October 17th, 2005, 03:06 AM
very cool new feature 8)

mistermike
October 17th, 2005, 04:52 AM
good deal!!

bink
October 17th, 2005, 06:08 AM
very cool new feature 8)

I agree. Thanks......pursuit of perfection :mrgreen: (you guys..not me).

Tordne
October 17th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Ross,

I hate to ask, but is this going to be put into the V2 Custom OS's also, for those of us not running boost? :( Or should we just upgrade to the V3's anyway? :wink:

Cheers,

GMPX
October 17th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Thanks guys,

This table will not go into V2 O.S's, sorry, it's a fair amount of work altering the VE routines, not as much as you having some fun upgrading to a V3 O.S (which you can run without boost, I am).

Cheers,
Ross

Tordne
October 17th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Ross,

:oops: I am probably guilty of being the person that as changed OS's on my car the most times. I have run V1, 2 & 3 OS's, and gone back from 3 to 2 etc. :oops: Just ask black02ss, he'll tell you, we laugh about it :D

Cheers,

lplott
October 17th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Is this info going into the OS Tutuorial or the AutoVE Tutorial?

Lonnie

Black02SS
October 17th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Ross,

:oops: I am probably guilty of being the person that as changed OS's on my car the most times. I have run V1, 2 & 3 OS's, and gone back from 3 to 2 etc. :oops: Just ask black02ss, he'll tell you, we laugh about it :D

Cheers,

Oh don't get me started. This dude puts a new OS on his car like every hour. :lol:

Tordne
October 17th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Oh don't get me started. This dude puts a new OS on his car like every hour. :lol:

It's not that bad :oops:

Ross: any chance that you have done 01290003?

Cheers,

lplott
October 18th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Lets see if I have this New IAT VE Multiplier Table figured out correctly:

Once you have the update installed and your tun reinstalled, go for a drive and log AFR and IAT.

Sit down and calculate the necessary multiplier for each IAT in the logged data to get the AFR where you want.

Plug that data into the New IAT VE Multiplier Table by IAT temp.

Being that winter is coming on, we should be able to log our coolest outside temps to produce our lowest IATs to update the New IAT VE Multiplier Table.

Once this is done drive/log again and see if the AFR vs IATs are correct and if necessary make another adjustment to the New IAT VE Multiplier Table .

Is this about right?

Lonnie

Dirk Diggler
October 18th, 2005, 04:11 AM
I think this table only applies to temps above 111*F. The ECM does some funny stuff with fueling with such high IAT that is why the first halof of the table is populated with 1.00 or no change in fueling. Above 111* F if the ECM in conjuction with your WB start reading 4% leaner then you will enter 1.04 at the respective temperature. At an IAT of 150* it may be even leaner your BEN may read 1.10 so for that IAT you would enter 1.10 inthat table. All things being equal after this table is dialed in no matter how hot the IATemps get you will ALWAYS SEE a BEN of close to 1.00 or +/-1-2%

Hope this helps and I hope I got it right.....

PS this table allready assumes your ve table is dialed in as close to 1.00 as possible in the normal IAT ranges (below 111* F)

mistermike
October 18th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Unfortunately with my setup using IAT sensor in aluminum manifold, my VE's were set up at 115-125 deg F. Now with cold weather and 90 deg IAT's my BENs are running around .95 or so. I guess I'll have to work backwards. :shock:

joecar
October 18th, 2005, 06:35 PM

So, who holds the record for the most flashes per day ever and the most flashes per day consistently...?
:D

Tordne
October 18th, 2005, 07:41 PM

So, who holds the record for the most flashes per day ever and the most flashes per day consistently...?

I consistently have 2 flashes a day :oops:. I would probably say my maximum per day is probably between 6 - 8.

I can't believe I'm admitting to this :D. There has to be someone out there worse than me, anyone?

Blacky
October 18th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Consult the "flash" counter in the V1.2 firmware - send in your total flash count?
Under: Help->FlashScan PCM licensing...

Regards
Paul

Tordne
October 18th, 2005, 08:16 PM
My flash counter is: 410

This includes the flash I just put in a few minutes ago... Only one today, it has been a slow day :D

This is all on the one vehicle as well :oops:

Have had FlashScan since basically the day it got released - so at least that should make it a little better.

Blacky
October 18th, 2005, 08:31 PM
:shock: :shock:
I'm only up to 150 across all the interfaces I've been testing. But then my test interfaces have been known to be reset every so often, 8) which clears all that info.

Paul

Tordne
October 18th, 2005, 08:40 PM
See Paul, thats why I should be a Beta tester :D :D. I use it more than you :oops:

GMPX
October 18th, 2005, 11:06 PM
I'm up to 619 flashes on one interface.

As for the new O.S's, I finished off the 2001 & 2002 O.S's today, they will be available for download soon.

Cheers,
Ross

Tordne
October 19th, 2005, 06:50 AM
I'm up to 619 flashes on one interface.

As for the new O.S's, I finished off the 2001 & 2002 O.S's today, they will be available for download soon.

Cheers,
Ross

Give me a couple of weeks and I will have caught up :wink:

I am back on the V3 OS again, so I'll keep my eye out for the updates.

Cheers,

BowlingSS
October 19th, 2005, 07:07 AM

I had over 20 one day after installing my cam.

Bill

Tordne
October 19th, 2005, 07:55 AM
I had over 20 one day after installing my cam.

I was desperately hoping there was someone out there that would at least beat my per day number :oops:

Thanks Bill :wink:

Delco
October 19th, 2005, 11:58 AM
My counter for the latest interface which I have had for 3 months is 1298 , the original beta test interface I had is well over that :D .

A cam change or trying to dial in the new IAT table will normally take 40-60 flashes to get into the ballpark. A 402 motor I did yesterday had 130 flashes to it before I was happy to let it go.

To dial in the IAT ve correction table you need to do all your tuning with the IAT steady and then once the VE table is nailed at 25-30 deg IAT use the IAT correction to fix the issues as the temp rises and filter out the data you dont want to correct to.

mistermike
October 19th, 2005, 10:10 PM
To dial in the IAT ve correction table you need to do all your tuning with the IAT steady and then once the VE table is nailed at 25-30 deg IAT use the IAT correction to fix the issues as the temp rises and filter out the data you dont want to correct to.

25-30 IAT? I've heard of it. :wink:

I'm wondering, since my normal VE was set up at around 50 deg C, if I should attempt to rebuild the table during cold weather, or possibly use a value less than 1 below that temperature?

What effect will this table have on the boosted VE?

Delco
October 20th, 2005, 02:02 AM

25-30 IAT? I've heard of it. :wink:

I'm wondering, since my normal VE was set up at around 50 deg C, if I should attempt to rebuild the table during cold weather, or possibly use a value less than 1 below that temperature?

What effect will this table have on the boosted VE?

Yes IF you find it richening up too much the use the IAT to change it , you will find with your temps being measured in the intake and some radiant heat from the engine it will not be a issue as the IAT will be very stable in your case.

mistermike
October 20th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Yes, I found my part-throttle BEN's dropping down about 5-8% the other night. It was a cool night and IAT's were down to the 25-30 C range.

Made some nice power at the track, though. I managed to turn my clutch to jelly with the sticky Mickey Thompson ET streets. 6000 RPM @ 3 MPH during the burnout LOL. You could smell that sucker from the next town. I thinks it's time for a Textralia, so I can break my halfshafts instead. :shock:

Delco
October 20th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Mike you will find the STFT's will accomadate that ok , as you squeeze on some boost the IAT's will rise to normal levels. Far better to richer rather than leaner , as the IAT increases it leans out quite a bit.

Thats one of the neat things with the filtering , you can only look at temp ranges if required then dial in the IAT multiplier table as required

bink
October 23rd, 2005, 02:38 AM
Bump ^^^^^.