PDA

View Full Version : D0409 for the DURAMAX/ALLISON?

THEFERMANATOR
September 25th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Is it possible to get a table like this for the DURAMAX/ALLISON combo for swaps? So far I have everything in my swap working except for tow/haul mode and see that the gasser guys have this table available to them to activate the tow haul mode. I'm trying to keep from having to redo a large part of my harness to install a BCM and cluster logic module to enable tow/haul in the ALLISON as I found out the BCM won't do it by itself with my current TCM.

GMPX
September 25th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I'm just not sure if the TCM accepts T/H mode switching via CAN only or a switch. I would think it could accept a switch, but you would need to figure out if GM ever relased an application using that method. Then we can figure it out.

THEFERMANATOR
September 25th, 2009, 11:59 AM
To my knowledge they never offered it through a switch as the BCM commanded it on in the trucks with the ALLISON. I had a TCM done by somebody and he put tow/haul and OD/LO on switches, but only OD/LO worked/ Tow/haul doesn't engage, but the TCM shows secondary shift schedule being activated. Just trying to find some way to complete my swap without having to go back in and re-wire quite a bit of it and integrate a BCM just so I can get tow/haul mode to work.

I was told by an ALLISON dealer they could do this on the 4500's and up, but the EPA wouldn't allow them to re-program light duty trucks. And to my knowledge all of the 4500's and up are locked in tow/haul mode all the time.