PDA

View Full Version : Newbie help

bkcalhoun
September 25th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Just got EFI Live and I'm having a little trouble getting the scan portion to work. I have a 2005 duramax LLY.
I upgraded both the software to 7.5 (88) and the firmware to 2.6.12. The bootlog appears to be currrent already at 2.06.02.
I have been doing some reading on dieselplace.com and even built a tune that works okay, but when I try to set up PID's and scan data, I get an error on the v2 display that options.txt is not found. I have almost 10 hours into this trying to get it resolved without looking like an idiot. I'm in need of some help now. I don't know if I missed a basic step in the setup somewhere, or if I really have a problem, but I sure hope someone out there can help.

Thanks,
Bryan

mr.prick
September 25th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Use the EFILive Scan and Tune.exe to set up the PIDs for BBL.
F3: Black Box Logging> LLY> drag & drop the PIDs you want> Save (options.txt)
After saving the PIDs you will need to write the options.txt
to the V2 with the EFILiveExplorer.exe
Drag and drop the options.txt to the Config Files tab.

bkcalhoun
September 25th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Okay, I'm following you, I think, except in the scan and tune.exe screenshot, I don't have an option for LLY. Mine shows only Lb7 and LMM, LS1,LS2(all samples), and a bunch of unused boxes.
After I picked the PID's, I didn't have to drag and drop to have the option.txt file timestamp change, so I assume it has been modified okay.
I clicked program and it wrote the 4 sample choices to the v2 and if I try to select them on the v2, it says file not found.
Wow the learning curve for this program is steep!
B.

mr.prick
September 25th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Did you copy the LLY.pmm file to the V2?

bkcalhoun
September 25th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I'm lost.
I see the LLY.pmm file in EFILive explorer in the config folder, but I don't see it in the Flashscan/autocal menu items like in your screen shot. How do I save it to there and the v2?
I feel like I'm missing something basic. Are there instrucitons or a readme file I'm missing somewhere?

B.

mr.prick
September 25th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Plug in the V2 to the computer so the software can write the files to it.

bkcalhoun
September 25th, 2009, 02:37 PM
it is plugged in. Where do I put the LLY.pmm file to write it to v2?

mr.prick
September 25th, 2009, 02:46 PM
The config tab.
You can copy all the .pmm files if you want.
In C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Scan there are .dtc files,
these can be copied to the scan tab so you can look up DTC descriptions with the V2.

bkcalhoun
September 25th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I dragged the lly file to the config tab, now what? I still don't see an LLY option in the scan and tune.exe to write to the v2

mr.prick
September 25th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Post screen shots like mine.

bkcalhoun
September 25th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Sorry it took so long, haven't done that and had to resize for a while.

mr.prick
September 25th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Compare your options.txt to this one.

bkcalhoun
September 26th, 2009, 01:22 AM
I've attached my optoins.txt file. The list of 4 choices available is all I see in my v4 and in the v8 PID selection screen. lly is just not availabe!
Should there be another step to get the lly.pmm file into v8 program and the v2? I dragged and dropped it to the options tab, and the light flashes on the v2 for communication, but I don't see anthing change.

mr.prick
September 26th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Did you try the one I posted?
Yours does not have the LLY written to it.
Dropping the files to the tab is all you need to do.

bkcalhoun
September 26th, 2009, 02:51 AM
I dropped your option.txt file to the config tab and put it in the c:documents and setings/all users/application data/EFILive/v8/config filder, and it doesn't change anything in v2 or in v8.
If I could figure out how to first modify my options.txt file to make it look closer to yours, and then get those options into v8, then I think it would write to the v2. Correct?
Dropping things onto the config tab don't seem to make a difference. You can see on my screenshots I dropped the lly.pmm file to the config tab and it didn't show up on the v8.

mr.prick
September 26th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Open my options.txt with the scan&tune.exe
I opened yours and got exactly what you see,
re-opened mine and the LLY was there.

Your options.txt is missing these lines:
LLY|Manual, Y, LLY
LLY|Auto, Y, LLY&AL5

Add them to your options.txt

bkcalhoun
September 26th, 2009, 03:29 AM
Okay I think i got it. This is what I did.
I formatted the config files on the v2 using the explorer
I used your option.txt file and placed it in the config files tab along with the lly.pmm file.
I then used the read button in the v8 program and the v8 program displayed the pids that are in the new options.txt file.
I then wrote them to the v2 using the program button.
I think I'm good now.
I still don't know why I couldn't get the LLY.pmm file to show up, but using your config.txt file did what I needed.
I was missing that the EFIlive explorer wrote directly to the v2 and the v8 program didn't know what was there until it was commanded to read it. :doh2:I really appreciate the time you have spent with me on this. I'm sure you will be hearing from me again.
Thanks
Bryan