PDA

View Full Version : Table[B5108} RPM Spark Multiplier ???'s

GAMEOVER
September 26th, 2009, 01:14 PM
This doesn't seem right. Table B5108 the IAT says(link.SAE.RPM) and RPM(link.SAE.IAT)
In my data log it reads 82 degrees F and 4600 RPM but in the table it's highlighted at 248 degrees F and 0 RPM
I'm logging both SAE.IAT & SAE.RPM PIDS.....

swingtan
September 26th, 2009, 01:24 PM
lol.....

I get 0 RPM and 120'C IAT......

I normally sanity check the highlighted cells though, as I've seen them off a few times. Normally it's when I have more than one copy of Tune Tool open to compare different settings from different tunes. In this case though, it doesn;t seem to work with only one copy of Tune tool open.

Simon

GAMEOVER
September 26th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I was trying to figure out why in the my Tune I'm commanding 23-25 degrees of timing but in the Scan tool it always shows 5-12 degrees more...

swingtan
September 26th, 2009, 07:58 PM
There are a few tables that can alter timing. You could always post the tune and a log and I'll have a look.

Simon

GAMEOVER
September 27th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Ill post the tune and a log later today...
Maybe i'm not logging the right Pids for Cam Phaser timing or Minimum final timing...IDK:confused:

JAY4SPEED
October 1st, 2009, 03:17 PM
This doesn't seem right. Table B5108 the IAT says(link.SAE.RPM) and RPM(link.SAE.IAT)
In my data log it reads 82 degrees F and 4600 RPM but in the table it's highlighted at 248 degrees F and 0 RPM
I'm logging both SAE.IAT & SAE.RPM PIDS.....

I've run into the same issue tonight looking over some logs from the track. In B5108 the axis are backwards in the cal_link.txt file. Not to mention all of the spark tables for E67s (I'm using OS 12618164 in particular) still refrence E38.APCYL_DMA which is a bit frustrating since I can only log E67.APCYL_DMA with black box logging. I also noticed that intake valve temp tables are linked to E38.INVLVTMP_DMA in an E67 OS, I'm not sure how critical that is? I've manually changed my cal_link.txt file to get it all to work but was hoping this could be addressed in a near future update?

GAMEOVER
October 5th, 2009, 03:00 AM
I've run into the same issue tonight looking over some logs from the track. In B5108 the axis are backwards in the cal_link.txt file. Not to mention all of the spark tables for E67s (I'm using OS 12618164 in particular) still refrence E38.APCYL_DMA which is a bit frustrating since I can only log E67.APCYL_DMA with black box logging. I also noticed that intake valve temp tables are linked to E38.INVLVTMP_DMA in an E67 OS, I'm not sure how critical that is? I've manually changed my cal_link.txt file to get it all to work but was hoping this could be addressed in a near future update?

Yeah, I had to manually change my cal_link.txt file to make it work also! There were a couple of other table's in the cal_link.txt file that were not right, but i fixed them and everything is finally working good.

GAMEOVER
October 5th, 2009, 03:03 AM
There are a few tables that can alter timing. You could always post the tune and a log and I'll have a look.

Simon

Simon,
I finally figured out were the extra timing was coming from "cam phasing" at certain points it would add up to 15 degrees but I had to add the cam phasing table/file into my cal_link.txt file, it wasn't there!... I also changed the cal_link.txt for IAT vs RPM Spark Multiplier and the tune tool & scan tool finally link right! The ROW & COL in the cal_link.txt file was backwards...

GMPX
October 5th, 2009, 09:08 AM
As handy as the cal_link.txt file is, it tends to be like a high maintenance girlfriend, really cool to show off to your mates, but always causes problems so one day it will have to be replaced with something better :grin:
Version 8 software will have a better implementation of this file that will get around the sort of problems you see (like the PID names E38_DMA v's E67_DMA). Manual of editing of the cal_link.txt is the solution at the moment.

ringram
October 5th, 2009, 10:23 AM
As handy as the cal_link.txt file is, it tends to be like a high maintenance girlfriend, really cool to show off to your mates, but always causes problems so one day it will have to be replaced with something better :grin:

Same could be said of forced induction :cucumber:

68problemchild
December 30th, 2010, 04:11 PM
So what are the correct pids for cam phasing? E38 my seems maxed at 6 degrees advance?

TBMSport
September 19th, 2011, 07:18 PM
This needs to be updated in the next revision.