PDA

View Full Version : bbl/scan/tune lock out

alian
September 26th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Hey Guys, Just wanting to know whether or not someone has come accross with this problem. I have just started using the scan/tune to set the pids for bbl and have come across a problem. I have no problem setting the pids up but if I go back into the tool to change something it sort of locks me out with
clipboard errors. when you push enter to rid the window it bounces back that fast u dont get time to get out of the program. It 1st happend to me when I went back in through explorer and added an alarm. but Has happened again a few times without doing that. So what do u rekon.
Cheers Ian

joecar
September 27th, 2009, 08:01 AM
alian,

Which V8.1 build number...?

Is it possible to capture a screenshot...?

alian
September 27th, 2009, 08:09 AM
alian,

Which V8.1 build number...?

Is it possible to capture a screenshot...?

I am at work now but will try tonight. As far as I know it is the latest as I have tried to update and it says none availible, Will check tonight.
Cheers Ian

joecar
September 27th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Ian, the latest as in the latest non-beta/non-bbr build...?

Cheers
Joe

alian
September 27th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Ian, the latest as in the latest non-beta/non-bbr build...?

Cheers
Joe

Joe, its non beta, will check the build tonight.
cheers Ian

Blacky
September 27th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Its a known issue (known internally at EFILive) that is being fixed. The problem is caused by the EFILive software checking the clipboard status while the EFILive software is idle. It checks the clipboard to know if the "Paste" menu items and Ctrl+V hotkey should be enabled based on the contents of the clipboard.

Other applications also use the clipboard and they can sometimes take out a lock on the clipboard. Unfortunately, the EFILive software is not handling the locked status of the clipboard silently and is displaying the exception message.

A check and retry loop is being added to prevent the exception message being displayed and causing the problem you are seeing.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
September 27th, 2009, 09:22 AM
I also get a similar issue.

EFILive Scan and Tune - Version 8.1.2 Build 85

I've not yet worked out exactly what starts the problem, but it is clipboard related. Normally once it starts, it reoccurs every time the mouse moves over a PID in the "PID Selections" window. From memory, if you don't move the mouse, it doesn't occur so I'm thinking it may also be something to do with the "tool tips" plugin in Windows ( that bit where you get info boxes appearing when you "mouse over" a button etc ). I'
ll see if I can work out the steps to reproduce the error.

Simon

alian
September 27th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I also get a similar issue.

EFILive Scan and Tune - Version 8.1.2 Build 85

I've not yet worked out exactly what starts the problem, but it is clipboard related. Normally once it starts, it reoccurs every time the mouse moves over a PID in the "PID Selections" window. From memory, if you don't move the mouse, it doesn't occur so I'm thinking it may also be something to do with the "tool tips" plugin in Windows ( that bit where you get info boxes appearing when you "mouse over" a button etc ). I'
ll see if I can work out the steps to reproduce the error.

Simon

Hey Simon. sounds very much like the same problem
Thanks Paul, It is good news to me that I wasnt doing something wrong (most of the time it is):wallbash: When is the next update??
Cheers Ian

Blacky
September 27th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I'm making a beta update (release candidate 4) available to the beta testers later today. If that version is ok then I'll make it available publicly.

Disclaimer... so far I've said that about RC1, 2 and 3 over the past 4 weeks. None of RC1, 2 or 3 have been acceptable to release publicly, so fingers crossed RC4 is ok.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
September 27th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks Paul.

On a side note, remember a fair while back I was getting the "Access violation" errors in Scan Tool ( and Tune Tool from memory ) ? I'm still getting these, but I thought they got fixed. Is there any chance that the bug got reintroduced or am I just making stuff up now ?

the actual error in Scan tool is....

Access violation at address 00489608 in module 'EFILive_Scan.exe'. read of address 00000004

Actually, I just found the original thread...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9383

I'm guessing this got sidelined... :nixweiss:

alian
September 27th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I'm making a beta update (release candidate 4) available to the beta testers later today. If that version is ok then I'll make it available publicly.

Disclaimer... so far I've said that about RC1, 2 and 3 over the past 4 weeks. None of RC1, 2 or 3 have been acceptable to release publicly, so fingers crossed RC4 is ok.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul. Will await the trials
Cheers Ian

Blacky
September 27th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Yes it did get sidelined - sorry.
Once the next update (RC4) gets released, please retest

Regards
Paul

alian
September 27th, 2009, 11:02 PM