PDA

View Full Version : HPTuners bin file

curtbriggs
October 18th, 2005, 05:38 AM
I have a friends 2001 C5 stock and current tune files done with HPTuners. How can I open these files with EFILive? His engine has the same mods as mine. This is what Blackie recommended that I do to upgrade my 1999 OS.

Thanks, Curt

87gmc
October 18th, 2005, 05:46 AM
Well if it saved bin format then you should just be able to open it with efilive.

curtbriggs
October 18th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Well if it saved bin format then you should just be able to open it with efilive.

It is and it won't. I went to tools, folder options, created a new extension, bin and selected EFILive tun to open it. Got any other suggestions?

Bruce Melton
October 18th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Download>open EFI tuner>rt click >open>open with>efilive>save as<
? works for me.

Blacky
October 18th, 2005, 10:40 AM
I have a friends 2001 C5 stock and current tune files done with HPTuners. How can I open these files with EFILive? His engine has the same mods as mine. This is what Blackie recommended that I do to upgrade my 1999 OS.

Thanks, Curt

Just go to the EFILive menu: File->Open and it lists both *.tun files and *.bin files - your bin file should show up in the list.

Regards
Paul

mistermike
October 18th, 2005, 06:24 PM
I heard with their 2.0 public release, they're going to a proprietary file format.

GMPX
October 18th, 2005, 06:28 PM
I heard with their 2.0 public release, they're going to a proprietary file format.

Another first :wink:

Cheers,
Ross

87gmc
October 19th, 2005, 02:25 AM

I heard that also

FastFieros
October 19th, 2005, 04:33 AM
I can verify that it is encrypted...

.HPL files at 400K

Loyde

GMPX
October 19th, 2005, 04:43 AM
I don't blame them, I don't think the reasons behind it were to stop other people using their software to find tables etc, well, we don't or we would still have under 500 :P
Saving them in a non raw BIN format allows extra data to be saved with the file, I assume they are finally saving change history etc like we do?

Cheers,
Ross

mistermike
October 19th, 2005, 10:23 AM
I assume they are finally saving change history etc like we do?

Cheers,
Ross
Yes, another first.

GMPX
October 19th, 2005, 12:06 PM
We better stop Mike, we have some conspicuous guests amongst us who might get upset....by the way, how's the lean cruise going fellas :wink:

Cheers,
Ross

TAQuickness
October 19th, 2005, 03:32 PM
I assume they are finally saving change history etc like we do?

Cheers,
Ross

And I appreciate y'all adding that part of the icing on the cake ;)

mistermike
October 19th, 2005, 11:22 PM
We better stop Mike, we have some conspicuous guests amongst us who might get upset....by the way, how's the lean cruise going fellas :wink:

Cheers,
Ross
Yes, no need to fan the flames. A friend of mine is close with one of the principals whose reputed to be a pretty decent fellow, so I hope they can take a little good natured ribbing.http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/images/smilies/gr_devil.gif

GMPX
October 20th, 2005, 12:22 AM
It's all good fun and I think they know it is, we cop enough **** from club 2.0, at least here it won't get deleted.

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
October 20th, 2005, 12:26 AM
It's all good fun and I think they know it is, we cop enough **** from club 2.0, at least here it won't get deleted.

Cheers,
Ross

Amen

curtbriggs
October 23rd, 2005, 12:30 PM

Thanks, Curt

Just go to the EFILive menu: File->Open and it lists both *.tun files and *.bin files - your bin file should show up in the list.

Regards
Paul

Unable to open until I upgraded my Adobe reader from 5 to 6.1. I copied the emailed bin files to a 3.5 floppy on my desktop, opened the floppy in my laptop with EFILive 7.3 tune program.
Just as Paul said, the new bin files are now in my EFILive files.

Thanks, Curt