PDA

View Full Version : LBZ DSP Beta1 Release

GMPX
October 4th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Here it is, the first public beta release for the LBZ DSP upgrades.
Before proceeding please consider this, you will need to update your software and V2 firmware to beta versions, if you are using EFILive as part of your business and feel uncomfortable about doing this then perhaps wait until the software and DSP updates are classified as stable releases (probably 2 - 3 weeks).

The first step is you must update your software / firmware to the versions listed in the thread below.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12014

Once you have updated your software and V2 firmware with the files in the thread above you can download the file attached to this post.

You can download the pdf document detailing the process to upgrade your ECM to DSP2 or DSP5 from THIS (http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/DSP%20Upgrade%20Tutorial%20-%20LBZ-LMM.pdf) location:
This document should be saved in to the folder -
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Doc\Tutorials

There is a zip archive attached to this post containing the necessary files for EFILive Tune to perform the DSP conversion. You must unzip these after installing the new software as it will overwrite the non DSP .calz files.
These files need to be extracted in to the folder -
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35

The document pretty much spells out what needs to be done so I won't cover that again in this thread.

If anybody strikes any problems with the DSP upgrade please don't do multiple post over multiple forums, it makes it very hard to track what is going on. You all know what Diesel forums we have a presence at, so post either on there or in this thread.

Work is well under way for the LMM DSP, we expect that will be in public beta in 2 - 3 weeks, just before we leave for SEMA.

Known issues with this Beta release:

None reported so far

Enjoy!
Ross

DmaxHawk
October 4th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks Ross! Great Job!

carcrafter22
October 4th, 2009, 01:47 PM
woohoo

tractor
October 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I cant get it to work

tractor
October 4th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Finally got it to work. Thanks for all the hard work

GMPX
October 5th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I cant get it to work

Finally got it to work. Thanks for all the hard workIf you can please pass on your experiences we can refine our guides if needs be.

McRat
October 5th, 2009, 04:11 AM
Thanks Ross, Paul, et al. :cucumber:

Question:

When editing the DSP5 tune after initial install, will it have to be full-flash, or will a normal flash update the DSP segment?

Biodiesel66
October 5th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Normal calibration flash will update the DSP segments if changed.

GMPX
October 5th, 2009, 09:01 AM
The cal only flash will take a little longer now because we are writing the extra section where the DSP tables are stored. I think it only adds 15 seconds or so.
As Biodiesel said, Cal flash for normal tuning, Full flash only to initially get the DSP OS in to the ECM.

McRat
October 5th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Great! :fluffy:

I just got bit in the arse yesterday editing a LB7 DSP5 truck because I picked "cal-only", and it didn't do the DSP5 seg changes. I kept expecting the truck to behave differently after flashing. DOH!! So I was just curious.

Waiting on switch or pins to play with it. Software loaded perfectly. Love the "automatic firmware update" feature.

zach
October 6th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I don't know if I have done something wrong but for some reason my level 1 is with the switch turned all the way to the right and my level 5 is all the way to the left. I have installed a dsp in an lb7 and it was reverse from what I am having on my lbz.

GMPX
October 6th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Depends who designed the switch.
The ECM is only monitoring the voltage produced by the switch.

zach
October 6th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Well both switches came from Guy at Socal Diesel. Maybe I will shoot him an email and see what the problem is. Thanks for the quick response.

hitecrn
October 6th, 2009, 03:22 PM
the newer switches are opposite reason i know is bought mine from Guy at SoCal. the newer switches are made just the opposite from the older is what Guy explained to me. all the way clockwise is full tune 1 left is stock then so on...........

MMLMM
October 6th, 2009, 06:44 PM
it will depend on the tune too. sometimes your base tune is your "level 5" tune. Most of my dsp tunes have the race as the base tune so when your dsp area needs a table from the base area, it has enough in it and not a too low value...

zach
October 6th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks guys for the clarification.

GMPX
October 6th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I HIGHLY recommend having your 'stock' or normal tune where the factory maps are. The DSP tunes are written to default to those maps should the switch go faulty or open circuit.

McRat
October 7th, 2009, 03:52 AM
Nope. That won't work. In order for the DSP5 tunes to have full effect, you need to hack away at the limit tables in the base tune. You need to have the race tune as base tune.

If the switch fails you are left in Race Mode. A good race tune works all around anyhow, so no big loss. If the switch fails during a competition event, it's best it defaults to race.

GMPX
October 7th, 2009, 10:08 AM
What I meant was by all means remove the limiters that aren't in the DSP tables, but don't have the tune that commands 5000uS of injection in the standard maps section :sly:

Dozerboy
October 8th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I've done the updates but haven't updated the ECM to the DSP OS. Now when I open a log with the Scan tool I can't save the logs. I normally save them after deleting the parts of the log I don't need and it also changes the date, so I can find it easier. Also now when I open a log 2 scan tool programs open, but the second one doesn't "exist". There isn't an extra window open just a extra tab in my lower tool bar. With the Scan tool emblem on it and no log name. When I try and close the blank tab both of them close. I had some trouble with the second down load for the BBL and BBR taking on the 3rd try it work though.

Here is a screen shot

Tordne
October 8th, 2009, 09:31 AM
If I understand your post correctly I have just tested this on my system (7.5.6 Build 99) and it works as expected.

I did the following:
1) Opened one of the sample logs included in the base installation
2) Change to dash page B and deleted some frames (highlighted and pressed CTRL+DEL)
3) Choose the 'Save As' option and renamed the log file

No issues at all.

I have seen the symptom you see with the duplicate windows (that don't exist). They are typically the splash screens where the icon has not been removed (for some reason). If you close them the complete application closes (which is what you describe).

I trust you have tried the Microsoft 101 recommended solution to all problems, rebooting?

Can you also please confirm the version of your software (from the 'Help-About' menu)?

Cheers,

Dozerboy
October 8th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Did you try and reopen the log mine doesn't save any changes or redate the log?

I didn't read the last bit of your post give me a sec.

Tordne
October 8th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I have just done it again and verified that the frame count in the 'Save As' log is different (and that the data I deleted is in fact removed). I can confirm that it works totally as expected.

The date/time data in the log I would not expect to be effected by what we are talking about here. If you want to have the date and time correct int he logs (with V2 BBL) you need to set the time on the device.

Dozerboy
October 8th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Yes I'm using build 99
I was just using the "save" function as I have done it the past not the "Save As". The "save as" works correctly and I meant the "last modified date" not the one in the logs and the date resets like it should using "save as".

So its just the "save button" not working.

Tordne
October 8th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I just tested the regular Save function (CTRL+S) and that works as expected for me as well?

Dozerboy
October 8th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Well I don't know I never used (CTRL+S) I tried it and it worked. Then I tried the "Save" button like I had been doing and for now its working too.

Thanks

xmadmax
October 10th, 2009, 04:33 AM
I just want to check about this, I just converted my tune file to the DSP5 operating system, and it is showing the extra tables (DSP#1, #2, #3,...) but I do not see any tables that set the delay of the switch (A0141), and the others... all i have are the DSP#1-#4. Is this how it is supposed to be or did I do something wrong?

GMPX
October 11th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Switch delay is not in the LBZ, are you reading the correct install guide?
There is a specific PDF for LB7/LLY and then another for LBZ/LMM.

Cheers,
Ross

xmadmax
October 11th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Switch delay is not in the LBZ, are you reading the correct install guide?
There is a specific PDF for LB7/LLY and then another for LBZ/LMM.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks, yea i read both guides, and the LB7 LLY says it does has those extra tables, but the LBZ one does not say that it has them, but it also does not say that there are not there. So i just wanted to make sure.

OTHRGRL
October 13th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Haven't gotten to check yet but does this release also include the 2006 LLY OS's? If not will they be available when the LMM release comes, or even later?

Biodiesel66
October 13th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Haven't gotten to check yet but does this release also include the 2006 LLY OS's? If not will they be available when the LMM release comes, or even later?

Yes it will work. Your better off setting the ECM up as a LBZ by changing the Engine calibration segment. PM me if you need help.

If I recall it won't work for the Van application because the trans is not an Ally

GMPX
October 13th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Haven't gotten to check yet but does this release also include the 2006 LLY OS's? If not will they be available when the LMM release comes, or even later?Yes it includes both the 06 LLY OS's.
The Vans will come after LMM is done.

OTHRGRL
October 15th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I installed switches on, built tunes for, and tuned 2 LBZs today. They both worked perfectly with no problems.

justin123
October 19th, 2009, 09:21 AM
i cant figure out how to get build 99 i have build 88 and cant find an update??? help

Brian1
October 19th, 2009, 09:42 AM
The first post in this post has the link to the new files.

Brian

LBZ
October 23rd, 2009, 11:03 PM
right on-csn't wait to try this once i get some pins!!

The Neens
October 25th, 2009, 09:04 AM
right on-csn't wait to try this once i get some pins!!

Have fun pushing those pins in:grin:

McRat
October 26th, 2009, 06:41 AM
A very small flat jeweler's screwdriver works well. I think they make a tool for it.

bballer182
October 26th, 2009, 11:34 AM
A very small flat jeweler's screwdriver works well. I think they make a tool for it.

I use a proprietary tool. (straightened medium sized paperclip) :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

fire0021
October 27th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Have fun pushing those pins in:grin:

Not verry hard even for some one like me with big ole hands:grin: or at least mine wasent.

bballer182
October 27th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I even used a stiffer wire than copper and i didn't need tools either.

Ira
October 28th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Not verry hard even for some one like me with big ole hands:grin: or at least mine wasent.

Did yours have 2 grey wires? I think there's a couple of people making these and the stiffness of the wire can make it easier or harder.

Ira

8100 Power
October 28th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I was inserting the pin in incorrectly, if you put in in right, it should slide right in there.

The Neens
October 29th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I was inserting the pin in incorrectly, if you put in in right, it should slide right in there.

I thought I had mine "clocked" properly and I was sober...

Heck, maybe that was the problem:beer:

MMLMM
October 29th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I was able to use the wire itself to push with and it easily slid in. It went in quite a ways before they will lock in place.

If you dont get frustrated it will go nicely lol.

I can see a paper clip helping a ton. lol

fire0021
October 30th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Did yours have 2 grey wires? I think there's a couple of people making these and the stiffness of the wire can make it easier or harder.

Ira

Ira I got my switch from you so I belive there grey LOL dont remember but the wire was fairly stiff that may be why it was easier for me then others?

Tommy

The Neens
October 31st, 2009, 12:02 PM
I knew it...Just worked 5 all-nighters, 16 hours each shift...Came home, mixed up a few cocktails and started on my DSP5 install...Mounted switch, ran harness thru the firewall and pushed both pins in with needle nose and eyeglass screwdriver in about 20 minutes...I'm half Russian, so vodka is a good thing:rockon:

ILVSMOG
November 4th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Will LBZ DSP be released as a normal update anytime soon? I haven't wanted to go through the steps to "patch" it for fear of goofing something up.

bballer182
November 4th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Will LBZ DSP be released as a normal update anytime soon? I haven't wanted to go through the steps to "patch" it for fear of goofing something up.

There's not much to mess up. just DL the zip file and replace the existing .calz files with the new ones. And make sure you are using 7.5.6 build 99.

ILVSMOG
November 4th, 2009, 02:43 PM
edit: ok, I think I figured it out. If (when) I find out I goofed up I'll be sure to yell for help!

ILVSMOG
November 4th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Where do I find the V2 firmware update? I'm showing version 2.6.6 and the .pdf says I need to be running 2.06.16.

Thanks

Tordne
November 4th, 2009, 03:36 PM
The FlashScan V2 2.06.x series bootblock and firmware is included in the version 8 software. Download the latest V8 release listed in this thread: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12014

ILVSMOG
November 4th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I downloaded and installed that update, but my V2 still reads 2.6.6. Do I need to manually do something?

Tordne
November 4th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Open the version 8 'EFILive Explorer' application. Down in the taskbar area you should see a new EFILive icon appear which looks like FlashScan. This will probably show a balloon indicating that a firmware update is available.

If not click on the taskbar icon and it will open the EFILive Control Panel application. Then go to the FD6: Firmware area and you should be able to update there.

Cheers,

ILVSMOG
November 4th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Ok, that got it. Thanks!

killerbee
November 5th, 2009, 07:23 AM
For Bosch Pins or one of several new Rotary and Keylock Switches, see here.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=10328

New selection includes lockable DSP2, DSP5, and a new DSP6 positions switch for arming drugs on the 6th position. Bosch Terminal Pins are individually available and in bulk quantity for under a buck.

bballer182
November 5th, 2009, 01:13 PM
For Bosch Pins or one of several new Rotary and Keylock Switches, see here.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=10328

New selection includes lockable DSP2, DSP5, and a new DSP6 positions switch for arming drugs on the 6th position. Bosch Terminal Pins are individually available and in bulk quantity for under a buck.

How much are you selling pins for?

is 20 bulk?

killerbee
November 6th, 2009, 05:00 AM
50 minimum. For the 99 cent price, 200 pcs.

bballer182
November 6th, 2009, 12:48 PM
99 cents for 50 or a piece?

killerbee
November 6th, 2009, 01:19 PM
very funny.

bballer182
November 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
hahaa cool! i'll take 50 for 99 cents please!

Tordne
November 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I read that the 99 cent price is for orders of 200+, and is probably 99c each?

bballer182
November 6th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I read that the 99 cent price is for orders of 200+, and is probably 99c each?

was just messing with him. :hihi::angel_innocent:

1sikmax
November 16th, 2009, 07:41 PM
okay i installed the switch just like the tutorial said, changed the OS and nothing happens when i click the switch.... it stays on my base tune and doesnt change...??? the switch i have is the one that came with my efilive so will that work for an lbz? oh and when i try and scan the volts on the switch my PIDS are not valid. i try vialidating the pids but no luck..any ideas are greatly appriciated

thanks
dillon

McRat
November 17th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Mine didn't work either. Hopefully I get some time to play with it more.

McRat
November 17th, 2009, 06:50 AM
There is another issue I need to play with as well. After the update, it would not recognize TCM tunes downloaded off Casper. So I just switched to my backup notebook with the latest release software, and it works fine.

GMPX
November 17th, 2009, 07:22 AM
the switch i have is the one that came with my efilive so will that work for an lbz?EFILive does not supply DSP switches, your EFILive reseller must have supplied you with that.

oh and when i try and scan the volts on the switch my PIDS are not valid. i try vialidating the pids but no luck..any ideas are greatly appriciatedWhen the scantool is connected, down in the bottom left corner of the screen is the VIN and OS number in the ECM, what does the OS number say?

Cheers,
Ross

x MadMAX DIESEL
December 3rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Do I have to first download the newest efi update from the website and then download the zip file? or can I just unzip this file and install it with the version that came with software cd?

Tordne
December 3rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Yes, you must first be running the pre-release version, and then download and unzip the LBZ/LMM calibrations (beta).

x MadMAX DIESEL
December 3rd, 2009, 04:04 PM
Okay thank you

johnasara
December 12th, 2009, 08:10 AM
I cannot seem to get mine to reflash the ecm with the DSP program. It will still tune it regularly and read but the total reflash option does not light up. I am sure it is in my software but where do I start???I have updated the software with the build 99, downloaded the LBZ files and even went with the Scan update. Why wont it let me reflash a new OS

Tordne
December 12th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Ensure that your FlashScan interface is connected to your PC before starting the Tune Tool application. If you connect FlashScan after starting the application full-flash will not be available.

johnasara
December 12th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Ensure that your FlashScan interface is connected to your PC before starting the Tune Tool application. If you connect FlashScan after starting the application full-flash will not be available.
You hit the nail on the head.:rockon:
I plugged the handheld in to my computer to check the status of my liscense and the icon popped right up.:doh2:

mavdog32
December 30th, 2009, 03:28 AM
you guys might wanna fix the link on the first page going to the pdf showing how to do this. I figured it out but only cause I am super smart lol

Just kidding, but serisouly the link needs fixed

cheers

Tordne
December 30th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Fixed the link URL, thanks.