PDA

View Full Version : Problem Scanning after Upgrading to Final Release 7.2.2

Earl H
October 19th, 2005, 07:15 AM
I've read all the stickies and I cant say that I've been able to find a solution using the search function.

I recently lost my hard drive and had to reinstall all of my efi live software.

I used the original disk provided. After reinstalling, I experienced the problem of not being able to tune (locked pcm reported). I then remembered a fix being made avail. for the 1st release guys. At the time, I could use the scan tool.

Next I upgraded to 7.2.2 in the hopes that that would fix my problem. It fixed one problem but caused another. I can now re-flash my pcm, however I can't use the scan tool. I get anything from it won't recognize the interface to misc. error codes. When I does ocassionally connect, it won't let me monitor or record data. I goes into this continuous search for OBD drivers (I think).

I have closed ALL other software after reflashing the pc. I have even rebooted the pc after tuning. Nothing works. I can't scan the pcm.

I am reluctant to upgrade to 7.2.3 until I can get 7.2.2 running fine.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.

Dirk Diggler
October 19th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Have you installed the usb drivers from the disk. If you havent plug the cable in and when the new hardware dialogue box pops up tell it to search the cd for the drivers

Earl H
October 19th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Yes,

My re-install was from the original disk. That allowed me to scan but not tune.

Upgrading to 7.2.2 allows me to tune, but not scan. I can connect to the pcm using the tuning software. It freezes up when trying to run the scanning software. I followed all the directions in the problems sticky, but nothing worked.

Blacky
October 19th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Yes,

My re-install was from the original disk. That allowed me to scan but not tune.

Upgrading to 7.2.2 allows me to tune, but not scan. I can connect to the pcm using the tuning software. It freezes up when trying to run the scanning software. I followed all the directions in the problems sticky, but nothing worked.

I recommend deleting the entire EFILive V7 registry - that will reset EFILive back to installation defaults.
1. Exit both Scan and Tuning Tool software.
2. Select Start->Run and type regedit then click OK.
3. Find the key:
\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7
and delete it and everything under it.

Then restart the Scan Tool and exit.
Then restart the Tuning Tool and exit.
The EFILive registry settings will now be restored to installation defaults.

Regards
Paul

Earl H
October 19th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Thanks. I'll try it and let you know if it works.

Earl H
October 19th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Ok, that didn't work.

I got this error the 1st time:

ExceptionEInvalid Pointer in module obdiiv7.dll at 0000271c

After I shut it down and rebooted I got a continuous
Autodetect interface
Connection to [FSP] is ok
Autodetect OBDii protocol....

Autodectect interface
Connection to [FSP] is ok
Autodetect OBDii protocol....

It kept cycling these two messages over and over again after connecting and trying to log the data. I had to ctrl-alt-del out of it to shut down the flashscan software.

Blacky
October 19th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Its probably best to start the isntall again from scratch.

Uninstall V7.2.2
Delete ALL V7.2.2 files in \Program files\EFILive\V7
Clear the registry as per instructions above.

Reinstall V7.2.2
Download and install V7.3 over the top of V7.2.2

V7.3 is much more stable than V7.2

Then run the Scan Tool and try to connect.

Something to be careful of:
Windows and Installshield have "conspired" in the past to flag the EFILive executables and dll as "shared" which means they *may* not get removed during an uninstall and they may not get overwritten during an update. You should manually check those files share count like this:

Start the registry editor (Start->Run, regedit, OK)
Check the key:
\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cu rrentVersion\SharedDlls
Look for all executables and dlls under the folder named:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7
Their values should be 1. If any are greater than 1, then set them to 1.
The entries should not exist if you are checking while EFILive is not installed. In that case just delete the EFILive\V7 entries.

Regards
Paul

ntae
October 20th, 2005, 01:51 AM
Paul if 7.3 is more stable then 7.2 could we get a 7.3 as a self install file and make it simple to install please this cut and paste is beyond me

Blacky
October 20th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Paul if 7.3 is more stable then 7.2 could we get a 7.3 as a self install file and make it simple to install please this cut and paste is beyond me

Working on it.

The self install is around 48Mb* - that's an awfully big download so we intend to offer it as a single download and as a set of smaller downloads. That requires around 100Mb of disk storage on our web server. Our web server is almost out of disk space. We are about to launch a new web site with plenty of room to grow and the full CD image for V7.3 will be available for download then. Or if I can find some more disk space before then I will post it up as soon as possible.

We will also be manufacturing a CD version that will be made available free of charge to all registered customers.

* The huge increase in size (over V7.2) is due to the extra *.cal files and all the new custom operating systems.

Regards
Paul

GMPX
October 20th, 2005, 02:33 AM
* The huge increase in size (over V7.2) is due to the extra *.cal files and all the new custom operating systems.

Regards
Paul

No it's not, the problem was all the extra data needed to allow programming of the underated Zaporozhets. :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Ross

Dirk Diggler
October 20th, 2005, 02:41 AM

Regards
Paul

No it's not, the problem was all the extra data needed to allow programming of the underated Zaporozhets. :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Ross

For anyone wondering what a Zaporozhet is here is a web page http://www.mindspring.com/~corvair/zaz.html

Ross you are a riot

joecar
October 20th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Hmmm... fit a stock LS1 into a Zaz and you'll have excellent power:weight ratio (1430lb / 350 hp = 4.1 lb/hp).

Edit: I wonder if headers and supercharger will fit...?

:lol:

GMPX
October 20th, 2005, 04:49 AM
That 'thing' is a clear indication of how two forms of government can affect automotive design.

Cheers,
Ross

Earl H
October 20th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Its probably best to start the isntall again from scratch.

Uninstall V7.2.2
Delete ALL V7.2.2 files in \Program files\EFILive\V7
Clear the registry as per instructions above.

Reinstall V7.2.2
Download and install V7.3 over the top of V7.2.2

V7.3 is much more stable than V7.2

Then run the Scan Tool and try to connect.

Something to be careful of:
Windows and Installshield have "conspired" in the past to flag the EFILive executables and dll as "shared" which means they *may* not get removed during an uninstall and they may not get overwritten during an update. You should manually check those files share count like this:

Start the registry editor (Start->Run, regedit, OK)
Check the key:
\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cu rrentVersion\SharedDlls
Look for all executables and dlls under the folder named:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7
Their values should be 1. If any are greater than 1, then set them to 1.
The entries should not exist if you are checking while EFILive is not installed. In that case just delete the EFILive\V7 entries.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul,

As usual, worked like a charm. Cant wait to switch over the 3 bar OS and tuning this winter.