PDA

View Full Version : V2 asking for license again

GAMEOVER
October 6th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I was working with a pcm, which was already licensed about a month ago and while I was in the process of loading a Custom OS but my V2 asked for another License????(weird) for the same PCM. After it was in "Dead Poll"(per instructions in tutorial) I was going to try & flash the original calibrations and it didn't happen...:confused:

joecar
October 6th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I notified Tech Support.

GAMEOVER
October 6th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks Joe, I pm'ed Ross & Paul...:)

joecar
October 6th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Cool...:cheers:...what PCM is this on...?

GAMEOVER
October 6th, 2009, 03:06 PM
2002 (os-12212156) pcm-0411

ScarabEpic22
October 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Try unchecking the use high speed mode box when you flash, I have a few P10s that arent cooperative unless that box is unchecked. Get the same error as you, pulls a serial number that is wrong. Reset everything, uncheck the box and make sure the serial numbers on your PCM are the same in the licenses box (About->V2 Vin Licenses) as what appears in the flash window.

GAMEOVER
October 6th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Thats what I don't understand...If it's off the serial number, and we don't have access to the serial#, what could've happened? It all started after I put it into "dead poll". Trying to install Custom OS
I'll try what you suggest though...:D
Where does the serial number show up? In the tune? Or?

ScarabEpic22
October 6th, 2009, 05:38 PM
We dont have write access, but we do have read!:cucumber: Shows up in the PCM info window or when reading/flashing. No access otherwise.

Check these screenshots out I posted a few weeks back in the P10 forum. I wrote in the images what was happening, Ill link them here.

http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6219&d=1253089867

http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6220&d=1253089867

http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6221&d=1253089867

http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6222&d=1253089880

Notice how the serial number in my V2 window shows something ending in KGEB, then look at the first pic after that. The PCM info window is reporting the PCM has a different serial, ends in 00KG. Third photo shows the issue with the high speed box checked and the same 00KG serial number and the license PCM. Fourth photo shows high speed unchecked, KGEB serial number, and proper flashing. Yes this is the exact same PCM, check the time stamps out, no way I can move everything from car to car in a matter of seconds.

Sorry, cant link to them without them being HUGE.

GAMEOVER
October 6th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I see what your talking about. I did try unchecking high speed but no go....
I full flashed this PCM and then did a couple of calibration only flashes...This morning I tried loading in a Custom OS and I've been stuck ever since...:wtf1:
I can't figure out what happened!

mr.prick
October 6th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Are you using the new firmware by any chance?

GAMEOVER
October 6th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Yes, I'm using the new firmware.

GMPX
October 7th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Paul has been away which is why you've not heard from him.
To me it appears at some point it picked up the serial number of the PCM as different.
I'm sure Paul will send a replacement license for you.

Cheers,
Ross

GAMEOVER
October 7th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Thanks Ross...:)

GAMEOVER
October 7th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I tried filling out the form for support yesterday morning & the AUTH section keeps telling me the number/letters are invalid. I refreshed it a couple of times but couldn't send the form...:(

Tordne
October 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Shot an email to support@efilive.com.

Blacky
October 7th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Replacement license is on its way.
Paul

GAMEOVER
December 11th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Paul, Ross, Andrew
My Flashscan V2 changed the serial number of the PCM to all 0000000's and it won't let me Flash any change's... It was working fine up until an hour ago when I changed the {G1204} {G1205} tach pulse's on the PCM... It's asking for another Vin License... The weird thing was I tried doing a Full Flash on it twice and worked but on the 3rd attempt V2 started asking for another License...

GAMEOVER
December 11th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Yesterday, I also changed the Vin in the PCM but after V2 changed serial to 00000's V2 also changed the Vin to NA....
Do you want the BLX?

Tordne
December 11th, 2009, 02:40 PM
So just to clarify; you were flashing the PCM fine and then it just suddenly changed to 0's and wants another license?

Are you are on at least 7.5.5 Build 88 right and latest V2 firmware?

Can you send a screenshot of the 'Help->FlashScan V2 VIN Licensing' screen to me at support@efilive.com?

May as well send the BLX to paul@efilive.com as well and copy me.

GAMEOVER
December 11th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Yes sir, will send right now...

GAMEOVER
December 11th, 2009, 03:34 PM
So just to clarify; you were flashing the PCM fine and then it just suddenly changed to 0's and wants another license?

Are you are on at least 7.5.5 Build 88 right and latest V2 firmware?

Can you send a screenshot of the 'Help->FlashScan V2 VIN Licensing' screen to me at support@efilive.com?

May as well send the BLX to paul@efilive.com as well and copy me.

Yes, I was flashing the PCM fine and then FlashScan changed the serial# to 00000's and then it went thru the bootloader segment and issued a new serial# which was totally different from the original serial# & that's when FlashScan didn't recognize the serial# and asked for another Vin License.... I went thru this about 3 different times before I gave up.... Each time I tried to flash the PCM, Flashscan would give a different serial#

GAMEOVER
December 11th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Info sent...

Blacky
December 11th, 2009, 06:12 PM
One thing you may like to try is to full flash a completely stock OS so that the serial number can be restored correctly. Then cal flash your cals back in.

I have a theory that the file you are using to full flash has a fault in the NVRAM section which is causing EFILive to fail to fix the serial number during the full flash. Using a stock OS that (hopefully) does not have that same fault, may allow EFILive/FlashScan to recover the serial number correctly.

Let me know if that works.

Also, send me you FlashScan serial number so I can replace the license for you.

Regards
Paul

GAMEOVER
December 12th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Thanks Paul, Tune file & serial number sent to paul@efilive.com