PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Problem ??

stevedarman
October 8th, 2009, 01:29 AM
I have a followed idle forum and have my idle almost good
the problem i have is with the throttle closed as the the auto moves the car on a slight down hill slop as the car is moving it hunts quit bad
foot on the throttle all is good.
Also pulling up at the lights the engine flares as the auto down changes
I have been playing with the idle cracker table but this doesnt seem to make a difference
Any suggestions Please

stevedarman
October 9th, 2009, 01:47 PM
any suggestions anyone
The rolling idle speed seems to be the problem coming to a stop my rolling idle speed is set to 750 rpm but goes up to 1100-1200 rpm when moving

The Alchemist
October 16th, 2009, 11:15 AM
as you are rolling with no throttle a light surge is almost ALWAYS timing.....log that situation or if you know already , tell me what timing AND load zone/rpm it sits at as you roll???

The light flare as you come to a stop OR change down is a throttle cracker/timing/RAFIG issue that requires all 3 to be just right to stop or lessen the flare.

stevedarman
October 18th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Looks like i have fixed the hunting Thanks but have posted my log file for help with the rolling idle-flare to stop problem
To add to the description, when parked on a hill in gear or neutral when i let the car roll down as soon as the car gets to about 5kph the idle goes up to 1200rpm