PDA

View Full Version : Bootloader error when getting stock tune

TrevorB
October 8th, 2009, 08:52 AM
I just got EFILive yesterday and when trying to read the stock tune I keep getting th ebootloader error. Also my vin and bcc are messed up on the Calibration Info screen. I have read the forums and am assuming that my ECM is corrupt. I read the TCM fine but get the errors when doing the ECM. If it helps out I have tried a Bullydog Power Pup and ATS E Power and neither would work on my truck. I emailed support with the .blx and a sdreen cap of the Cal Info screen and hope that someone there or on here can help me out with this. Thanks.

GMPX
October 8th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Trevor, unfortunately it looks like your ECM has been corrupted at some point (hence, no VIN, ECM Serial etc). You might have to consider another ECM at this point, check this link here to see what he has:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=11325

TrevorB
October 8th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the reply, thats what I was figuring. I guess I'll have to get a ECM sometime now.

Tordne
October 8th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks Ross. I got your email Trevor and looking at the debug it definitely looks like the PCM is not right.

TrevorB
October 8th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Well I bought an ECM fro killerbee, now I just gotta wait until it gets here. Is it very hard to swap out the ECM?